Too much power to one side

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukas nault

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So both wheels get power, but on ice when the wheels re spinning only one wheel will turn. If I apply lite pressure on both wheels with the power on, one will turn and the other stops. How do i fix this? It's a Stampede.

Possibly change your diff fluid, if i'm thinking right the heavier the fluid the better the diff hooks up with both wheels, others will chime in i'm sure,..... i may be off base with this one.

Last edited:
It's something with the diff, but I'm not familiar with the stampede....it may be a ball diff?

Thats pretty normal with a stock, grease filled diff. Try cleaning it out and throwing in some diff locking oil.

Thats pretty normal with a stock, grease filled diff. Try cleaning it out and throwing in some diff locking oil.
yes, the diff is pretty much dripping with black goop. So i should clean it all out and try a different one then?

make sure the slower rear tire is not to tight. they use teflon lock nuts so it doesn't have to be cranked down. if you do, you bind the bearings and it pushes the power to the other side.

a stampeed should have a ball diff. if you remove the axles in the rear, and look inside the diff cups, one side will have a hex head in there. you can tighten that up to make it more locked. it only takes a little though, dont crank it down to much, or you wont be able to turn.

a stampeed should have a ball diff. if you remove the axles in the rear, and look inside the diff cups, one side will have a hex head in there. you can tighten that up to make it more locked. it only takes a little though, dont crank it down to much, or you wont be able to turn.

mine had a planitary setup diff.JPG

the ball diff. is a upgrade but it truely would be the best

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...ucts_id/23100/n/Traxxas-Ball-Differential-SRT

Last edited:
well that is lame...

its not sealed either, so you can't fill it with oil, and grease will eventually sling out.

i would still check the tightness of the wheel nuts.

Back