Too Good to be True?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajames942

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, I emailed someone on craigslist, about a 2005 jeep liberty, with 50,000 miles on it for, $4470?...anyways, I emailed him asking for more info about it, and this is what I got back.

Hello there,
Thanks for your email !
First of all I would like to tell you that the car is located in Quebec, Canada as I
recently moved here. I received a good job here and along with the job I received a new car.
I have no use for the car anymore so I am forced to sell it below the market value. The full
price is $4470.00 US dollars with shipping included to your location. I have a clean title
ready to be signed. The car has no electrical or mechanical problems, never been involved in
any kind of accidents. For our protection we can use eBay Motors to complete the
transaction. The deal will go strictly according to eBay rules and policy. I want you to
know that I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you. We will use eBay
Motors to manage the payment because it is the safest way for both of us and also you will
have 3 days to inspect the car before I receive the money. Also, a refund policy will be
included. In order to start the official transaction, I need to know your details:

- Full name and Shipping address

Please find below the details of the car:
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
VIN: 1J8GL58K25W597948
Body type: SUV
Engine size: 3.7 Liter V6 MPI
Drivetrain: 4 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 50,300 miles
Vehicle title: Clear
Condition: Used
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Exterior color: Khaki
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel type: Gasoline
Options: Auxiliary, Pwr Outlet, Child Safety Locks, Cruise, Luggage Rack, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tachometer, Tilt, 2 Keyless Remotes, Anti-Lock Brakes, Drivers Front Airbag, Dual Front Airbags, Keyless Entry, Passenger Air Bag On/Off, Rear Defroster, Rear Wiper, Traction Control, Variable Wipers.
Click here to view more pictures :
http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/libety11/
You can really see this beauty from all angles!
Thank you!
Rafael Winnie
Rafael Winnie

Sounds like a scam to me, I mean, $4470, INCLUDING shipping??? Yeah Right.

yeah its gotta be a scam, thats craigslist for ya.

yep.. they tried that with me once, it was a wrangler though.

yeah every time I've try to sell something on CL, someone has an offer way to good to be true, same with people selling stuff, there is ALWAYS people selling like 05 Lexus is350's for $5995 lol when that wouldnt even be a good down payment on one....people are dumb.

Definitely a scam! I know of several people who got an almost identicle letter while trying to buy a car on CraigsList. If you can't go see it in person, don't even think about it, picture mean nothing. I have a seperate email account I use ONLY for CL, one of the free ones, no way will anyone on CL ever get my real email, nor do I give ANY contact info out on CL, EVER!

i have seen several of those, they gotta be scams. someone had a evo for 4,000 and the letter looked the same, when i told them i wanted to pick the car up in person they said i couldn't... tell them you wanna pick the wrangler up in person and give them cash you'll realise real quick it's a scam when they say "no i wanna use ebay or paypal because it's more secure"

SCAM, looked into one of these a while ago, and they stopped emailing when I asked to come pick it up

Back