Tmaxx pro 15 help!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmaxnoob

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I got my dads old tmaxx and finally got it running. While driving the other day I broke one of the terminals on my starter. The new one arrives today. Since the truck was down for a couple days I figured Id strip it,clean it and give it a once over. This isn't the first time I've rebuilt it. But for some reason when I was done it wouldn't roll. If I take the trans out it moves. I checked the trans and all looks fine.(no broken gears and all moves fine) When it's not hooked up every moves ok. I'm stumped! Any help or advice would stop me from throwing this thing. I finally figured out the engine when the starte broke. Now this. Ahhhhhhhhh!

I have no personal experience with Traxxas stuff but, here's what I suggest you check....

Your differentials should be labeled on one side as "top" or "up". If you have reinstalled one upside down it will lock your driveline.

If you pick the truck up and spin the front or rear tires, does the other set spin in the opposite direction? If so, you have a diff in upside down.

ihave done that and front was going one way and the rear was going the other way when I started it..... it looked funny as heck but it is one of those mess ups that could happen real easy.

I got it! A few attempts but it finally rolls!! Thanks so much for the help. I was past the point of frustrated. It helps knowing others have made this mistake too. And it's one more mistake I hopefully won't make again. I'm learning alot in my nitro crash course! Thank god for the Internet and vets like you guys. Thanks again.

Done that a couple times with Emaxx's and Tmaxx's from the past. Not a pleasant thing to go back and fix.

I got it! A few attempts but it finally rolls!! Thanks so much for the help. I was past the point of frustrated. It helps knowing others have made this mistake too. And it's one more mistake I hopefully won't make again. I'm learning alot in my nitro crash course! Thank god for the Internet and vets like you guys. Thanks again.

What ended up being the problem?

Exactly like you said. I had one of the Differentials upside down. Not sure which one so it took a few switchs and a lot of reassembling. But it works now.

They weren't labeled though. Thanks to my knife they are now!

Funny thing is, it's a mistake most of us have made ONE time. Next time around we know what to expect.
If anyone runs into that problem after a tear down and rebuild, the easiest thing to do is start it, hold it off the ground and see which set of tires is going the wrong way.
Just make sure it's in forward, not reverse, or you'll have to do it again. :whhooo:

Seems as if these companies could make diff housings that only go back in one way, then it's never wrong. Losi marks "TOP" on their diff housings which works, but even with that when I get in a hurry I've put one in upside down not even thinking about it and realized it once it was too late. If there were an actual design difference that would only let them mount the diffs one way or another that would save a lot of time for newbs and pro's alike. :)

Yeah hopefully my mistakes become fewer and further apart. I now have a long list of things not to do. Lol