Tmaxx classic tie rod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Are there any upgrades/mods for the 2.5 classic t-maxx for the turn buckles/tie rods or am I just going to be stuck replacing the plastic ends for all eternity lol. Can't seem to find anything

The traxxas rod ends were actually quite strong. What are you doing that you are breaking so many? You actually want an inexpensive weak link, if you go with aluminum rod ends, you will find the next weak spot. You will most like bend turnbuckles, and that will cost you more in the long run. I have titanium turnbuckles on both my maxxes, but I still use the plastic rod ends.

The traxxas rod ends were actually quite strong. What are you doing that you are breaking so many? You actually want an inexpensive weak link, if you go with aluminum rod ends, you will find the next weak spot. You will most like bend turnbuckles, and that will cost you more in the long run. I have titanium turnbuckles on both my maxxes, but I still use the plastic rod ends.
Oh ok I have a buddy that has the original tmaxx and he went through a bunch I have only broken one so far and from the way he was making it sound was that they are a known frequent failure