tmaxx chassis drive shaft rub

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fescue101

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got a tmaxx for a guy on cl and it needed a new chassis. So I put it all together and the center drive shaft hits the chassis on the front side. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Sounds like your using the 3.3 spec center shaft with the short chassis deck.
You can either dremel the chassis for clearance or swap/modify the drive shaft.

So what drive shaft will work?

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Its a 2.5 chassis with a 3.3 tranny.can I still just swap drive shafts? Or if I buy a 3.3 chassis will I have to modify or buy anymore parts?

4908/7 extended chassis & lower braces would be the best way to go (the Maxx will handle better with the longer chassis). Depending on which center shaft you have you may need the 4908/7 front ceneter shaft as well.
Its all pretty cheap on the bay.

I bought a Tmaxx 4910 that someone had installed a 3.3 engine and trans in and they took a hack saw to the front center drive shaft and a grinder to the chassis and it was ugly. The drive shaft was was hitting the chassis so they had to remove some chassis metal to get it to clear. I purchased the extended chassis kit and 3.3 shafts and then it was done the way it should have been done. Probably only cost $25 to do it.