tmaxx 2.5 transmission transplant

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 16335656465426663815999546628594.jpg
    16335656465426663815999546628594.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 57
No but I can tell you from experience to stay as far away from Activepowersports as you can. I'm still in the middle of what is now a 4 months long battle to get the money back that they owe me from all the products that they didnt have and still dont have in stock which their website gave no indication that they were out of stock in the first place. Others will tell you that they have a really bad rep.

That being said if you can find the RR conversion elsewhere then they make great products.

Has anyone seen or heard of someone using the Robinson racing hardend forward conversion on the tra 4893
https://www.activepowersports.com/r...MIw4nl_oC38wIVUW5vBB3Pkw0qEAQYBCABEgIrG_D_BwE
just stripped the main input gear along with the second gear
NO.... the nitro tranns are not made to handle the tourqe of the brushless power and tourqe. I'm pretty sure I've said this before that the nitro trans won't hold up. See.. get a brushless trans save your self $$ and time bud... you can try the harden gears if you want but WELL.. they are still made for a nitro truck not a brushless truck especially a 2200kv motor.....
And definitely don't use anything from active power sports.. if anything go Robinson racing for the gear kits

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/tmaxx25.html
No but I can tell you from experience to stay as far away from Activepowersports as you can. I'm still in the middle of what is now a 4 months long battle to get the money back that they owe me from all the products that they didnt have and still dont have in stock which their website gave no indication that they were out of stock in the first place. Others will tell you that they have a really bad rep.

That being said if you can find the RR conversion elsewhere then they make great products.
pretty sure I said this would happen😉🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
NO.... the nitro tranns are not made to handle the tourqe of the brushless power and tourqe. I'm pretty sure I've said this before that the nitro trans won't hold up. See.. get a brushless trans save your self $$ and time bud... you can try the harden gears if you want but WELL.. they are still made for a nitro truck not a brushless truck especially a 2200kv motor.....
And definitely don't use anything from active power sports.. if anything go Robinson racing for the gear kits

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/tmaxx25.html

can you point me to a brushless trans for my setup.

hahaha yea. will the emaxx 3908 Transmission work?
Yes. But it won't fit in the 2.5 short chassis.. need the long-wheelbase chassis. Do you have the widemax kit on the 2.5?. I mean you could try to jam it in the 2.5 chassis. But I highly dougbt it will fit in. The 2.5 platform isn't the chassis to do the conversion.. you can get the long-wheelbase emaxx 3098 chassis for like 20-30$ off ebay. That the front and rear or your 2.5 will bolt up too
I used a revo 2.0 tranns in my conversion. Which needed some modification to make it fit and work.. on a 3.3 chassis. And the castle mm2 2200kv combo. With the 2.0 axles and center shafts. Which those also had to be modified to work...

You did but that was after I had already placed the order.

Yes. But it won't fit in the 2.5 short chassis.. need the long-wheelbase chassis. Do you have the widemax kit on the 2.5?. I mean you could try to jam it in the 2.5 chassis. But I highly dougbt it will fit in. The 2.5 platform isn't the chassis to do the conversion.. you can get the long-wheelbase emaxx 3098 chassis for like 20-30$ off ebay. That the front and rear or your 2.5 will bolt up too
I used a revo 2.0 tranns in my conversion. Which needed some modification to make it fit and work.. on a 3.3 chassis. And the castle mm2 2200kv combo. With the 2.0 axles and center shafts. Which those also had to be modified to work...
If he upgrades to the 3.3 chassis will he not also need the 3.3 diffs, driveshafts, and CVDs?

If he upgrades to the 3.3 chassis will he not also need the 3.3 diffs, driveshafts, and CVDs?
Well he will have to upgrade the diffs,and center shafts anyway. He said he did have the CVD's question is does he have the widemaxx kit? If so then should only need the diff and center shafts. He can even get the stock Tmaxx 3.3 shafts and axles. Those both will work.. the 2.5 isn't really the platform to do the conversion on. Because it's the smallest out of the Tmaxx's.
I was talking about the gears above

I thought you meant warning me about active power sports. Someone warned me about buying from them but I had already placed the order. Still fighting with that crap close to 4.5-5 months now.

Well he will have to upgrade the diffs,and center shafts anyway. He said he did have the CVD's question is does he have the widemaxx kit? If so then should only need the diff and center shafts. He can even get the stock Tmaxx 3.3 shafts and axles. Those both will work.. the 2.5 isn't really the platform to do the conversion on. Because it's the smallest out of the Tmaxx's.

No I do not have the wide maxx kit. I have all ram set up

I thought you meant warning me about active power sports. Someone warned me about buying from them but I had already placed the order. Still fighting with that crap close to 4.5-5 months now.
Omg really dude that's horribly crazy. That should never happen. And your not the only one that has or haven problems with them. It's like they are basically a middle man. For buying RC parts. They should put up a disclaimer about that..🤦🏻‍♂️
No I do not have the wide maxx kit. I have all ram set up
Ram set up?? You mean RPM?

Omg really dude that's horribly crazy. That should never happen. And your not the only one that has or haven problems with them. It's like they are basically a middle man. For buying RC parts. They should put up a disclaimer about that..🤦🏻‍♂️

Ram set up?? You mean RPM?
Yes it has full rpm setup. Dam auto correct lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-192428_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-192428_Snapchat.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 52
Yes it has full rpm setup. Dam auto correct lol.
Nice Full RPM set up ? as all the arms, bulks, towers, knuckles. Correct.. but you still have the 2.5 axles and shafts rite? Because with the brushless you will need the extended chassis. You can do it two ways. One with a emaxx long-wheelbase chassis. Or the Tmaxx 3.3 chassis. And the emaxx or revo brushless tranns. Which is the 3908 tranns. What diffs you running the 2.5?

Nice Full RPM set up ? as all the arms, bulks, towers, knuckles. Correct.. but you still have the 2.5 axles and shafts rite? Because with the brushless you will need the extended chassis. You can do it two ways. One with a emaxx long-wheelbase chassis. Or the Tmaxx 3.3 chassis. And the emaxx or revo brushless tranns. Which is the 3908 tranns. What diffs you running the 2.5?
i still have the 2.5 axles but they are steel and the diffs are 2.5. what the diffrent between the traxxas 2.5 chassis and the 3.3. They look the same to me!!
plus does the emaxx come with a aluminum chassis

i still have the 2.5 axles but they are steel and the diffs are 2.5. what the diffrent between the traxxas 2.5 chassis and the 3.3. They look the same to me!!
plus does the emaxx come with a aluminum chassis
They are the 3.3 and the emaxx are longer

Yes full rpm set up. The front bumper will come soon.

Attachments

• 20211007_181558.jpg
    20211007_181558.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 54
My understanding is that in order to get the emaxx or revo tranny in the kit you have to run the driveshafts for them which are longer and require the 3.3 or emaxx chassis. I havent done this yet but I'm looking at doing the same conversion at some point so I'm trying to get all this figured out myself.

My understanding is that in order to get the emaxx or revo tranny in the kit you have to run the driveshafts for them which are longer and require the 3.3 or emaxx chassis. I havent done this yet but I'm looking at doing the same conversion at some point so I'm trying to get all this figured out myself.

In order to get the grey 3.3 tranny to fit I had to change out the output knuckle and shorten my center shafts out. The 2.5 knuckle going the output shaft of the 3.3 tranny. Is alot smaller.

Attachments

• 20211007_182403.jpg
    20211007_182403.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
In order to get the grey 3.3 tranny to fit I had to change out the output knuckle and shorten my center shafts out. The 2.5 knuckle going the output shaft of the 3.3 tranny. Is alot smaller.
Yeah because the drive train of the 2.5 is way smaller then the revo or maxx3.3
The RPM arms don't mean anything on the 2.5. They don't add width just strength...Here is the Tmaxx 3.3
16336533189683959792270083248820.jpg
16336533522775101205482173209718.jpg
and now here is the conversion
16336535029512108839434665666427.jpg
16336536107577757137072133375545.jpg

And now the tmaxx 2.5
16336537302531773834754479470464.jpg
16336537054362299697694422745135.jpg

Now the 2.5 chassis and the 3.3 chassis see what I'm saying??.here's the 2.5 chassis brace up against the 3.3 chassis brace. Now due you get what I'm saying the 2.5 won't work for the correct way to do the conversion
16336539366451894379230435841867.jpg
16336540920584009300418765246812.jpg

Last edited: