TLR 8ight X Elite - Taking a Dive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jv024899

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Taking a dive into the buggy scene. I know my way around a nitro vehicle decently well; and was ready to take bit of a dive in the 1:8 nitro buggy scene.

Setting up a TLR 8ight X-Elite with a REDS 721 Scuderia in the following weeks.

I wanted to get some feelers of what the weak parts of the vehicle are from current users. I'd like to know see what spares I should bring to tracks with me.

Any useful correspondence will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Didn't have the chance to get my own kit until I was an adult.

IMG_9130.JPG

Got 1-2 bags a day on this. Rear differential case was an adventure but once the axles broke in, it's nice and smooth. I now know how to deal with it when I build the truggy!

Scuderia 721 Gen 2 broke in nicely with the Bones Brew Break In fuel. It was super tight for the first two heat cycles but we survived. This engine rips. I can't wait to take it to the track!

Rookie and Sportsman, here I come!

Already went through a servo horn and some hinge pins.

Already in the bag:
1. Hinge Pins
2. Servo Horns
3. shock shafts

What else should I carry with me when I take this girl out to the races?

Beautiful kit mate, I have a few old tlr 8ight's, the main thing I wore out was tyres, the odd servo, and bearings. Are you running a lipo receiver battery? Spare plugs, body clips, air filters, I used to run those de racing plastic chassis skid protectors.

Beautiful kit mate, I have a few old tlr 8ight's, the main thing I wore out was tyres, the odd servo, and bearings. Are you running a lipo receiver battery? Spare plugs, body clips, air filters, I used to run those de racing plastic chassis skid protectors.
I'm running a LiIon 2s in it. I seem to have trouble finding a lipo receiver pack that meets my fancy.

I just built an 8Xt... be on the look out for that bad girl, too.

I'm running a LiIon 2s in it. I seem to have trouble finding a lipo receiver pack that meets my fancy.

This is what I want too ,I been a basher for too long ,it is time for change an slide over
to the racing side!
Nice score lucky you!...đź‘Š

Hey I just need to thank uncle Joe and Uncle Donnie for letting me buy myself some presents in the past year.

Just dive into racing man. I totally sucked my first few times at the track and still had a blast.

Awesome Truggy they really are a great rig, Losi used to do a dedicated lipo pack for the 8ights, but I don't know what would be the best now. I would think that a drone website would have a 2s battery that would be ideal as a receiver pack.

You know I'm gonna go look into that.

Awesome Truggy they really are a great rig, Losi used to do a dedicated lipo pack for the 8ights, but I don't know what would be the best now. I would think that a drone website would have a 2s battery that would be ideal as a receiver pack.

Yea ,I have to get one too ,the new servo's are hungry!...:thumbs-up:

Back