Tire Q&A

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should be, try checking out Panther tires. Not too long ago they had a half off sale on everything.

Please dont go with IMEX, you will be going backwards in traction. They arent nice tires imo. Might not mean much but to me a 2.2 is more than big enough of a 1/10 scaler because that would be a 22" rim in 1:1 scale. 1.9 is a 19" and so on.

Got it, I just think they look nice......I'll keep shopping.

If you want nice looking check out the proline tsl super swampers or the interco iroks from rc4wd. Those look pretty ba in my opinion.

I've seen the flat irons and being shorter than the stockers they look short and fat :D kinda strange. But that's just me.

---------- Post added at 7:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:44 PM ----------

Supposedly they made some badass wheels. But still I would go with the 2.2s they have. Unless you plan on bashing the thing 95% of the time the 2.8s cut won't cut it on anything technical.

Flat Irons were cool several years ago, they are NOT good for traction compared to the tires out now and like crimon said they are short, like 4" tall. Thats no good on your rig in my opinion.
Personally I would go with rok lox or axials bfg Krawlers. They are butt puckering awesome looking for scale or 1:1, either way their cool.

For $80 for 2 wheels, you can get into so VP wheels with lots of bling. Integy's 2.2 crawler wheels are pretty pimp too for under $80 a full set.
http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/210.htm

Don't rule out the Pit Bull Rock Beast II's either. I realize everyone and their brother runs them, but they do so because they flat out work, and still look very scale. The only places they don't do well is in really loose / muddy conditions.

That being said, my next tires will be either Pro Line G8 compound TSL's or R35 compound BFG Krawlers for a 2.2 tire. The G8's are said to work better than the Irok compound, but be warned the Pro Line's are known to be finicky about wheel choice if you run beadlocks due to their odd bead shape. If you plan on lots of trail riding or bashing, then for an all around tire, I think the TSL would be better due to the more open lug pattern, just my $.02 though.

For wheels, I absolutely love my Gear Head EZ loc's. Only 6 screws per bead lock ring if you want to switch out tires, vs 16 per ring in my Mayhem Engineering wheels. And they hold like a vise. The only downfall is they don't look quite as scale, the Mayhem's win in that area. But mounting up tires is a long process, lots of loctite and liquid patience needed. :D

PS: I almost bought some motoworx wheels, they make some BA wheels IMO. And being SLW compatible is a huge plus.

Last edited:
Yes I do believe I had it in my head that those motorworx 2.8 wheels would be my bashing/dunning wheels, but for my first purchase I suppose I would like something a bit more scale/technical. I think the 2.2 KMC XDs, or the 2.2 OMFs would be a swell addition. What I find lame is that I need to buy screws too, but I will anyway.

Hey guys, so I'm on A-Main this morning looking for more 2.2s, when I come across some sets that say 2.2/3.0. So does this mean that these tires will fit both 2.2 and 3.0 rim or is it like a SCT tire where the both inner ring aren't the same?

Yes, those are going to be sct tires where the outer and inner diameter are different.

Alright guys I ordered up a couple sets of TSLs....it was either a couple sets of TSLs or 1 set for the MTs, anyway the webpage says comes w/ oversized memory foams for trimming purposes. Now here's my question is there a tool for this, like a bevel cutters for steel pipe? Or am I just free handing this, also what works for you guys, I want the scale look w/ the ability to climb stuff.

How hard is it too stretch a 1.9 tire over a 2.2 wheel?

How hard is it too stretch a 1.9 tire over a 2.2 wheel?

No idea as I've never tried it. For my needs, it wouldn't work anyway. A 1.9 tire on most 2.2 based rigs is going to look tiny also, as it will be much shorter. For example, the Maxxis treps on my SCX10 are a tall 1.9, and they're 4.6" tall. The RB II's on my Wraith being a 2.2 scale tire are 5.75" tall. That's over an inch of tire height and ground clearance difference.

Got a package today: my 1.9 TSL super swampers, and my 2.2 BFGoodrich Krawler T/A tires. Just waiting on the 2.2 TSLs tires, and my wheels.

Did anyone else get the RC4WD e-mail for the scx-10 tube fenders? I'm hoping they'll fit my G6.

Back