Tire help!!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny352

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I keep gluing my tires but they keep blowing off the rims on my revo and maxx any help guys

I keep gluing my tires but they keep blowing off the rims on my revo and maxx any help guys

Just curious, this on a nitro or electric?

Anyway, what tires are they? Not really matter, but some tires are heavier and some are just difficult to glue. Same question on wheels, what brand wheel?

New wheels and tires can both have mold release residue left on them that needs cleaned off before you attempt to glue them. Did you wash them well with warm soapy water, rinse well and let them dry ?

From there its a matter of making sure your using the correct tire glue and plenty of it.

I personally use bead locks on my Revo 3.3 and mERV because of that. I use Maxximizer composite bead locks on 3.3 and Proline Titusville bead locks on my mERV.

I clean the rims with soap & water, then 400grt sand paper the mounting areas, then re-clean the mounting areas with denatured alcohol.
I then soap & water wash the tires, dry & Gorilla tape the tires, clean the beads, and use either rubber bands or electrical tape around the tire tread to make the bead sit well, then glue them with a fresh tube of CA.

Last edited:
There both proline tires and wheels one is a set of shockwave and the others on my revo are road rage

---------- Post added at 8:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:32 PM ----------

And there nitro ones a 28 and others a 3.3

I clean the rims with soap & water, then 400grt sand paper the mounting areas, then red lean the mounting areas with denatured alcohol.
I then clean & Gorilla tape the tires, clean the beads, and use either rubber bands or electrical tape around the tire tread to make the bead sit well, then glue them with a fresh tube of CA.

[emoji106][emoji106]....ya man!...awwwwesome awesome advice here

Back