Tips on servicing engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt_89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi fellas,

I purchased a 2nd hand Force .25 and stuck it in my Rex-x and had a play about with it. Works great and there are no problems!

The only thing i noticed, which was different from my previous Force .25, was that the 2nd hand engine I've purchased had a very smooth and lubricated feel to the pull start, as if the engine was well lubricated.

I ran the engine for about 45 mins (about a tank and a half of nitro 20% model technique fuel). After the engine cooled, i pulled the pull start, and the engine now feels sticky and quite non-lubricated, despite dropping some after run oil into the top of the engine.

Any tips on how to get this lubricated feel every time??

The sticky feeling I'm talking about was the feeling I got in my brand new Force .25 which only lasted me 2 months before the gudgeon pin snapped, snapping the crankshaft and punching a hole through the body....so that rendered my engine useless indefinitely!

I obviously don't want the same thing to happen to this 2nd hand engine which seems in good working order.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

gt_89

45 minutes for a tank and a half, wow! I'm no expert by any means but that just doesn't sound right at all. I get maybe 10 to 12 minutes a tank.

Back