Thunder tiger eb4 s2.5 LSN problem or not???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Clarke

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just want to mention 1st that my rc runs fine after pete (scrumpy jack) sorted it out but like us all we like to tinker as its the only way we (break things) learn.

After watching tons of vids and reading god knows information and watching pete tune my rc i feel ready to tune it myself (got pete,s settings written down)

I must of spent an hour last night tweaking the LSN/PINCH TEST which everything I've watched and read bangs in about,
On pete,s settings it runs rich and bogs down on instant pull away with lots of smoke but once it clears its fine (set that way as its safer) but on the pinch test it takes a year and a day to cut out!!!!!

I started to once the engine was at running temp adjust the LSN clockwise to lean it out but only a few mm at a time as i no this needle it mega sensitive,i would take it for a run and then let idle for 10 seconds or more then pinch test and it would cut out in a nano second but it pulled away rapidly with a nice trail of smoke and looked so so quick off the mark but the pinch test was saying it was running lean????

My idle is set correctly and my HSN is still at factory setting so it its rich enough and the top end of the rc is great and seems spot on again with a nice smoke trail..

I adjust the LSN ran/idled pinch tested and it never once did what I've seen/read doing the 3-5 second/idle rises and dies.

I'm absolutley stumped with this pinch test/3-5 second/idle pick up then die and mine dies in a second or so????
was wondering if the LSN is cracked/faulty and is there any way of testing it??,its a stab in the dark as there isnt much info on this but I've managed to source another LSN so if it comes to it i will just replace it with a new one and try again,
Am i doing something wrong???

I just can't get over that you can adjust the LSN a few mm and go from boggy to a sharp pull away but the pinch test just doesn't work.
Also getting a temp gun as the thing I'm using is saying my rc is running mega hot but i can't be certain if its accurate or not

Sorry for the long drawn out post but want to explain the best i can,

Garry

Last edited:
I think you're better off tuning for performance rather than pinch test results. If you have good acceleration and visible smoke trial, thats what counts. My EB4's only had about 1 inch of fuel tubing between the carb and fuel tank making pinch testing rather difficult. I cloiled up some additional tubing to keep the engine running longer if I flip it. It sounds to me like you're right where you're supposed to be, try making adjustments in increments of 12 like a clock face.

I think you're better off tuning for performance rather than pinch test results. If you have good acceleration and visible smoke trial, thats what counts. My EB4's only had about 1 inch of fuel tubing between the carb and fuel tank making pinch testing rather difficult. I cloiled up some additional tubing to keep the engine running longer if I flip it. It sounds to me like you're right where you're supposed to be, try making adjustments in increments of 12 like a clock face.

Hi Nitrotrout

Many thanks for your reply and I've come to the same conclusion as yourself with the judge on preformance rather than the pinch test,
You've also solved my pinch test problem and my frustration in not getting the 3-5 seconds and that's the length of tube from tank to the carb,it's as short as possible so I assume less fuel so shorter pich test ( your a bloody genius lol)
Couldn't see the woods for the trees as they say but my rc was blistering off the line with no bogging and had a good top end with good revs plus a nice trail of smoke,
My other concern was temp and I'm using (don't laugh to much) a digital meat probe so I question its accuracy at higher temps as it was reading 300 and I no that cook the engine time so I left it there and have a proper temp gun on its way and only then I will take it for another run,
It's also autum now in the UK and getting colder every day and I no that effects tuning and will take that into account but from the little knowledge I no on nitro is make sure there is a nice trail of smoke from the start right through to the top end speed and your safe

Garry

Back