throttle servo noise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingape

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've had my t maxx for about 3 weeks now and just over the last 2-3 days I've heard my throttle servo make alot of noise. It is shaking and kind of spazzing on it own. Any idea of what could be causing it to do that? could it really have been messed up that easy?

They use a pretty weak servo for t/b for a MT (heavier vehicle). If it's questionable, buy a new one off ebay, but get the better higher torque waterproof one. It's still plastic geared, but torque is higher and it's waterproof. It's one thing to get a steering servo wet and end your day, it's another when your throttle gets wet and goes WOT on you and smacks into something.

The minimum I'd run for t/b on anything:
Traxxas 2075 Digital Waterproof - retail $45 shipped
traxxas 2075 Digital Waterproof - ebay $24 shipped

Just my .02.

I would not but any of the traxxas servos I have the so called over priced waterproof servo and its garbage. I upgraded to a hitec 645mg and it works like a champ, metal gear turns tires while sitting on the ground. just sayn

Yeah I have a hitech servo for my steering already. I was asking more for my throttle servo because its been acting well sounding funny

I use the waterproof ones as throttle servos but I have them lying around where I have replaced steering servos with metal gears. I have not had any issues using them and they do the job.

That spazzing is the potentiometer "looking" for center, but can't find it. Do not trust that servo to control throttle.

Dub do you think it can be fixed or should I just replace it? It's dead center on my radio so I can't understand why it's doing that

Its gone bad, time for an upgrade.

time for a replacement i generally use the 2075 for throttle duties without any issues
slightly off topic had a real funny servo failure just before,the throttle servo on my 2.5 maxx (2018) decieded to strip the 4 screws that hold the servo together while i was running and completly fall to bits while she was on a run
luckly i have a return spring and gently stop into the fence.there were servo gears and crap everywhere.moral of the story is dont use a 2018 servo for anything bigger than 1/10 scale cars lol

Man the truck is just 3 weeks out of the box and already the throttle servo is done? smh welp time to get a really high-end servo....any recommendations? budget of $100-150

if tou want hardcore i'd suggest a couple of savox servos,i run them in my revo and my maxx
in the maxx i run a sc 0251 cost me $40 and its awesome heaps of power and will turn trencher x's at stop
my revo i run a sa 1231 cost bout $70 and has 444 oz of torque at 6.0v for steering and if it ever gets here in going to be running a sc 1258 tg for the throttle which can also be had for $70

I have yet to have any savox brand servo go bad. All five are still running great.

Only problem with savox is that they like to buzz, thats it, savox is a great servo.

They also aren't water resistant. I send an email to the periodically asking if they have any yet that are, only to get the response of no. I'll only run water resistant/proof servos in any of my rigs since they tend to get cleaned periodically with a hose and I run in the winter when it's not too cold.

Back