Throttle returning spring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByPS

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hallo everybody,
I am solving problem with return spring on the throttle.
I want to kick it off, but when the servo is going from iddle to braking then the throttle linkage can move by self and open carburetor.
The spring here is stopping this efect, but she is very strong.

Do you know abou another linkage whre is not need to have this spring or are you using soften spring on the throttle?

Use a lighter spring. It will stop you from messing up your servo.

Doesn't sound like you have it hooked up or rigged correctly. The throttle return spring should pull the throttle closed (idle) at braking. Have you had the horn off recently? You may want to try and re-adjust your throttle linkage first. HTH

No, this is not problem. Linage is set properly.
I am thinking about removit the spring or exchanging it with soften spring.
I have protected my revo with ofna micro fail safe unit and from this reason I want help servo on throttle. Original spring is too much hard.
I study the linkage. I see that ifront the horn is blok ok the linkage. Horn is pushing this block and moving linkage. But when the servo is going beck from WOT to he neutlal position, then lingage needs spring to move back to the iddle.
Is not possible to install block on the second side (sorry for my english) after the horn because when servo is moving to brake, then engine throttle is not able to move out more.
From this reasons the spring is needed.
But, the spring can be soften to keep this pricipe or I can put off the spring and make lsmall tube from silicon fuel line that can on the end of the linkage make spring effect. But there is not enough space to do this on the linkage. Micro servo is staing in the way.

Do anybody solve this think?
Execuse me for englis one more time.

Sorry I think I had misunderstood you at first. I sounds as though you need a heavy spring to pull the throttle back to idle. Is throttle at the carb stiff or binding any? The stock spring should be enough to pull it back unless the throttle is sticking. Try to pull the little blue boot back on the carb and drop a little after run oil in there and work it back and forth. You should have a good smooth movement there. I don't think putting another stop on the otherside of the linkage will work since due to travel when the brakes are applied.

Don't sweat your English, it's better than some that I have seen born, raised and educated in this country!

When I push the blue boot on the carb, boot move bek out by self and it goes easy.
Only the thing I have to safe servo on throttle, it have plastic gears and have toque 6kg. The throttle spring is uselessly strong.
How I said, spring must stay in the car to move back the linkage but can be little soften.
The arm whis is mooving with carb slide I have now from AL with ball bearings from 3racing. Moving with it is now very easy with only one touch.
I will try someting and let you all know how it is working.

Jetmech, I could be wrong but I think he is trying to speed up his throttle servo by putting a lighter return spring on it.

Yes, you are right. One thing is protect the servo and second is to speed it up.
At evening I will send some pictures with my new throttle arm and corrected carb arm (sorry i don't know how to say it better). Pictures will say more.

Let us know how it works, that spring does seem strong.

Sure, today I cannot to do (no free time). But I have successfully instaled new throttle arm.
Throttle arm was updated and goes wery fine.
See small images in attachments.
Now I have to take a look for correct spring.

Attachments

• PakaSoupe01.png
    PakaSoupe01.png
    56 KB · Views: 106
  • PakaSoupe02.png
    PakaSoupe02.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5160.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG.GFX.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5161.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG.GFX.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5165.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5165.JPG.GFX.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 117
I would like to add to this "Spring" Issue..

I just had to replace a carb shell on a revo, it appears after some use the factory spring will eventually strip the idle screw out and no longer was able to adjust the idle..

Feature

Hallo everybody, I am back with one think.
Today I made and install new feature to allow work with soften thottle spring.
Look at attachments. I make from AL the holder for as stop for spring.
On the thottle linkage I add seconf stop block.
The original stop is pushing the linkage and opens carburetor, this is the stock functionality. The second stop makes second blok for the spring from pencil. I can move the second stop on the linkage to make spring soften or harden. It is working perfectly. Carburetor is opened very quickly, I thind twice.
The car is protected by ofna fail safe.

Attachments

• IMG_5393.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5393.JPG.GFX.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5394.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5394.JPG.GFX.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5395.JPG.GFX.JPG
    IMG_5395.JPG.GFX.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited: