Throttle return issue.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
The engine throttle returns fine without it running!! but whenever I run the engine. Slowly the throttle returns back to neutral!! It had never did this before.

I don't know what the problem is?????

The only thing I did was reaching out the high speed needle.

Just so when I sell this thing I can actually give the next owner of chance to do whatever they want to do with it.

But what I'm seeing here and it's strange because I played with the carburetor I said well maybe I made it to Rich but that couldn't be. because it had it directly based on the factory settings.

I got a throttle return spring and it's still doing it. I got a video about it less than a minute footage, linked down below.

The engine throttle returns fine without it running!! but whenever I run the engine. Slowly the throttle returns back to neutral!! It had never did this before.

I don't know what the problem is?????

The only thing I did was reaching out the high speed needle.

Just so when I sell this thing I can actually give the next owner of chance to do whatever they want to do with it.

But what I'm seeing here and it's strange because I played with the carburetor I said well maybe I made it to Rich but that couldn't be. because it had it directly based on the factory settings.

I got a throttle return spring and it's still doing it. I got a video about it less than a minute footage, linked down below.

Sorry bud ,racers quit using those stupid springs ,they use hair rubber bands ,because
eventually .the spring rubs a hole in the rubber boot ,an they are a pain to put on!..:hehe:

Last edited:
Sorry bud ,racers quit using those stupid springs ,they use hair rubber bands ,because
eventually .the spring rubs a hole in the rubber boot ,an they are a pain to put on!..:hehe:
I have actually discovered this problem before I put back the throttle spring.

It would slowly return and that same way as I showed in the video.

I don't know if there was something that was wrong or what but somehow another.

I appreciate the response.

But yeah I had never heard anything like this before. when I lean the high speed to the point where I was starving for fuel purposely. The problem went away.

I don't know what caused it.

I don't know. At first I thought it was something wrong with the servo as far as the radio system with the batteries.

I'm learning now it wasn't the batteries or the radio .

Very strange.

But I did was I took the carburetor off the engine then I lift this rubber thing I didn't take it off I just cleaned it. Because there was some oils inside sorta.

I don't know what is this problem called.

But if you see the video again that wasn't me so me returning the throttle back, it was doing that on its own.

I have actually discovered this problem before I put back the throttle spring.

It would slowly return and that same way as I showed in the video.

I don't know if there was something that was wrong or what but somehow another.

I appreciate the response.

But yeah I had never heard anything like this before. when I lean the high speed to the point where I was starving for fuel purposely. The problem went away.

I don't know what caused it.

I don't know. At first I thought it was something wrong with the servo as far as the radio system with the batteries.

I'm learning now it wasn't the batteries or the radio .

Very strange.

But I did was I took the carburetor off the engine then I lift this rubber thing I didn't take it off I just cleaned it. Because there was some oils inside sorta.

I don't know what is this problem called.

But if you see the video again that wasn't me so me returning the throttle back, it was doing that on its own.

Your spring is too loose ,there should be tension on it even with the carb closed ,that will throw
you off on your tune if the carb barrel doesn't return back on idle ,if the return spring is loose
an has no constant tension ,it will vibrate open from the engine running ,causing false idling
issues!.. :cool:

Back