Throttle issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozzza72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all
I’ve dug out my very old RC Nitro buggy, fixed it all up, got the engine running spot on and it was ready to test. I put the batteries in the controller and the car, the steering is responding but the throttle isn’t. If I give the throttle arm a little push it picks up the controller signal for a second or so and moves but then stops. I’m not very technical but need to figure where to go with this. I’m guessing it’s either the controller throttle trigger (which has had some bashing about over the years) or the throttle servo. Short of buying a new one of each is there anything I can try to give me some direction?
Thanks

Swap ports on the reciever. Hook throttle servo in channel 1, steering in channel 2. Doing that will reverse the channels they are on. If the servo acts the same, its probably gone. If the steering servo does it the radio systrm needs to be recalibrated or even replaced.

Is the cord frayed or pulled out where it enters the servo box? Does the pins at the end of the wire have any play to where they can slip off the reciever pin?

What brand of buggy? Dont hear about nitro buggys much. I was looking at the old Traxxas nitro buggy the other day.

Swap ports on the reciever. Hook throttle servo in channel 1, steering in channel 2. Doing that will reverse the channels they are on. If the servo acts the same, its probably gone. If the steering servo does it the radio systrm needs to be recalibrated or even replaced.

Is the cord frayed or pulled out where it enters the servo box? Does the pins at the end of the wire have any play to where they can slip off the reciever pin?

What brand of buggy? Dont hear about nitro buggys much. I was looking at the old Traxxas nitro buggy the other day.
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I’ll give this a go this weekend, hopefully it will give me an idea.
The buggy is an XTM XT2 (X-Terminator 2). It must be nearly 20 years old lol