thoughts on air brushes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrudgE

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking for thoughts on air brushes. I don't want to drop a lot on one right off the bat cause not sure how I am gonna like it. NcNitro told me that he prefers gravity fed I know a lot of you use Iwata's. I want something that lets me get a feel for the hobby. I am curious any input into a Badger model 100. I can acquire one fairly cheap.

I work with Badgers. I have a Crescendo 175 and a 360. I as well prefer gravity feed but siphin is ok for coverage. Gravity is better for softening work like shadowing and dimensioning.

I have a craftsman air compressor which I know is big for the job but with regulator and moisture filter I will be good correct.

I use a craftsman 6 gallon compressor. You just need a pressure regulator and a moisture trap and your good to go. I love my Iwata HP-CS, it blows my Paasce VL out of the water. Brushes are like rcs, if you get a crappy one it may turn you off of airbrushing, spend a few bucks more, get a decent brush, and you may really enjoy it, and if not, you can sell a good brush easier than you can sell a cheap one.

Well I just scored the Badger model 100 on ebay for 20.00 bucks with the hose. so lets hope its a good one. Said it was only used once when they realized they couldn't paint lol.

Last edited:
Just found this site and like the fact it has a lot of good info in the forums. I just got back into rc's a few months ago. I have 2 TC vega 2000's and just came across them after sitting in my garage for probably 5+ years. And of course I didn't clean them after the last use. At that time I bought a airbrush compressor which I never took out of the box :\ I have a bad habit of doing stuff like that when I was making decent money. But not :angry: Oh well, I have always know the Iwata's have always been the top of the line as you can see by their price tag. Anyway guess badger took over TC but they offer free service on brushes sent back. So I'm just going to send these back to get them serviced and see what happens. Anyway, I was never a high detail or graphic brusher so never worried about high detail. Will the vega 2000 be ok? Eventually I'd like to get a Iwata but not working makes it a little hard to be in this hobby and still buy new toys. Thanks

my dad use to be a panel beater by trade and always used gravity fed guns... the only non gravity fed gun that he owns is used for primer and paints like S&%T

Back