this website says it will be in stock august. do you think thats any sort of a accurate date?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Screenshot (151).png

second question. is there any way to know if a rc car is discontinued? I'm unsure if i can wait for the kit to come in stock or if i should hurry and grab a RTR and upgrade from their I'm definitely worried about loosing my chance to get my hands on one of these. idk if its covid or if its discontinued.

I’m an idiot. Japan is getting slammed with COVID which explains the shortage. I’m gonna wait until it’s in stock whenever that is and I’ll get it then. Now I will stop flooding these forums with my stupidity.

Last edited:
View attachment 129517
second question. is there any way to know if a rc car is discontinued? I'm unsure if i can wait for the kit to come in stock or if i should hurry and grab a RTR and upgrade from their I'm definitely worried about loosing my chance to get my hands on one of these. idk if its covid or if its discontinued.

I’m an idiot. Japan is getting slammed with COVID which explains the shortage. I’m gonna wait until it’s in stock whenever that is and I’ll get it then. Now I will stop flooding these forums with my stupidity.
You're not an idiot. I have been waiting for quite a few cars to come back in stock, and the dates have been changing every month. The Kyosho USA-1 just went up for pre-order a week or so ago, so I assume things are still moving along. It's just a really bad time to be trying to get it here I assume.

View attachment 129517

NOT STUPID! That's the case with everything. With any sort of item. I try to stay with in the USA if ordering on web If you can. Especially full cars/kits. But that's getting harder and harder everyday. Anything from over seas will take for ever. But it will be like Christmas when it arrives. Because you forget about it. And wam it's at your door and your like WHAT then your like 😁😁😍🤫🤫. When will it show NO CLUE. Hope you get it soon bud

That's a good lookin truck and not a stupid question at all.

just because its listed to be in stock doent mean your gonna get 1... covid. lack of work force. lack of all materials to build. back orders?. you 1000th inline..can you buy a speed pass?. sorry.my Mom ad dad waited a tad over a year and a half for the X 11 citation( 76-78).. pre paid in full. I bugged a guy 5 years for this thunder tech clod..mine now half of what I was willing to pay

Usually rc sites say if its discontinued. The company will list it before online sites. If its traxxas, they take it off.
K thanks I checked the website and it says unknown. I think imma get a RTR and get sway
just because its listed to be in stock doent mean your gonna get 1... covid. lack of work force. lack of all materials to build. back orders?. you 1000th inline..can you buy a speed pass?. sorry.my Mom ad dad waited a tad over a year and a half for the X 11 citation( 76-78).. pre paid in full. I bugged a guy 5 years for this thunder tech clod..mine now half of what I was willing to pay
yea I’ve decided and I’ve gone with a RTR. I can enjoy it the way it is now and get sway bars aluminum parts and tires later. And I’ll get a clear body later. I’m gonna have to save some cash to get all that now. It’s gonna be fun once its here though.

I have been waiting from the same website - Tower Hobbies - for a 1/5 scale Losi DBXL-E to come into stock to buy. They tell me through chat that new stock will be in late July. Here is the problem though: they are expecting 300 of the DBXL-E cars to come in. They could all easily outsell! On top of that Tower hobbies and Horizon hobbies are basically the same company, so 300 cars split between two websites. Or it could be the opposite - 300 per website.

Back