This just out did the Ugly Truckling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
For those of you that haven't already seen the amazing job Rolex did a while back on his Ugly Truckling body - I highly recommend checking it out. The finished product looks like photo's from an actual 1956 Ford pickup... amazing.

Once you've seen that, then go check out this 1987 Corvette body, and you can get it for a steal! :hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has got to be the understatement of the year, "Has seen some play time". lol

I've got some of those. Didn't know they were worth so much. I'm going to be rich.

why would anyone want that?

On a side note, did you guys see the trucks episode where they did a "distressed" paint job on a real truck? same technique Rolex used!

Edit: its called "Project ClasSix"

Last edited:
The new Power Block online magazine features that build, Beason.

I'm impressed. That's the first Corvette I've ever seen that didn't burn down to the frame. That metal body really saved it. :hehe:

EDIT:
I had forgotten about that Ugly Truckling thread. Thanks for posting it. I merged a later thread with it that took it almost to the end.

Last edited:
Anyone have any links to the build Beason is referring to?

woodie, if you google search "Project ClasSix" it is a multipart build. i havent watched them all, but just caught a small part of them doing the fender, and talking about stacking the paint, then sanding through it.

Power Block has the episodes available to be streamed.

Removed......Ralph great build can you post a Done picture, I showed one of my employees and he couldnt believe the detail in the build

Yup sure is...too bad I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Lol. Honestly it will be very hard to top the ugly truckling in my book. It was in the same group as the guy we used to have on here that hand built a few one was called the pie wagon I think. Also just amazing works. Ah...here is the second one...

Last edited:
I can't believe the sale was pulled. There was nothing wrong with it. I thought it was pretty funny.
For those that missed it, it was a black Matchbox Corvette, scraped, stomped on and burned, selling for $3.83.

I totally forgot about the Pie Wagon thread. THAT guy was incredible. Oh, if I only had access to a machine shop again.

I can't believe the sale was pulled. There was nothing wrong with it. I thought it was pretty funny.
For those that missed it, it was a black Matchbox Corvette, scraped, stomped on and burned, selling for $3.83.

I totally forgot about the Pie Wagon thread. THAT guy was incredible. Oh, if I only had access to a machine shop again.

I'm pretty sure there was some fungus growing on it as well.

It would have been worth a LOT if it was the toy car from the Jackass movie, especially now that the 'artist' is gone.

For those that missed it, it was a black Matchbox Corvette, scraped, stomped on and burned, selling for $3.83...

That was my favorite part and probably the feature that put it in a class all by itself... burned. haha :flamer:

Yup sure is...too bad I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Lol. Honestly it will be very hard to top the ugly truckling in my book. It was in the same group as the guy we used to have on here that hand built a few one was called the pie wagon I think. Also just amazing works. Ah...here is the second one...

Thank you for digging this up! That is redonkulous for sure! I love all of it... That is inspiring! Makes Paul sr. And his kids bikes look lame IMO!

Peace,
Story
Proud owner of a Revo 3.3 and a Slash 4x4

Back