Thinking about converting my slash into something else

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Been thinking about converting my slash 2wd into a stampede 2wd or either another rustler 2wd. I think the stampede will be best since I already have the monstertruck tires. One of my other RC friends converts his rustlers into bandits or bandits into rustlers. All that I need is a 2wd stampede chassis, servo saver, chassis skid plates, I believe longer arms too. Might get an ESC/battery strap expansion kit so I can run 3s in there. If I convert the slash into a stampede I wont have that peg issue.

I turned my kid's 2wd slash into a monster slash. I can't remember if you need extended body posts or not, but it was pretty cool when finished. We changed the gearing a bit to make up for the larger tires. You then have the "fun" of the bigger tires, but the stability of a longer chassis. There are a few other bodies that fit ok with a bit of trimming as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...m2TWzdQ4xfbGr9W0vJrvIKUpN97ovRPhoCLUAQAvD_BwE

I have also converted a 4x4 stampede into a slash, so the conversion itself is a fun project

This is a 2wd slash so it aint doing a 4x4. maybe loose the lcg chassic..or go with a bandit chassic,
Yea thinking about a stampede 2wd chassis and use the monster truck tires. Or getting a rustler 2wd chassis (which is the same as the bandit). But I still want to use the short course body if I get a rustler chassis. With the rustler chassis, wheel base is a little bit shorter and I'll need to punch new holes in the body. And it would look funky. Or I might just get a rustler body. If I do switch chassis and convert I will keep my old slash bodies for when if I get another/better 2wd/4wd SCT. I think the slash 2wd and 4x4 bodies are the same.
Or I might just get the stock HCG chassis again. I threw mine away which I shouldn't have.
I turned my kid's 2wd slash into a monster slash. I can't remember if you need extended body posts or not, but it was pretty cool when finished. We changed the gearing a bit to make up for the larger tires. You then have the "fun" of the bigger tires, but the stability of a longer chassis. There are a few other bodies that fit ok with a bit of trimming as well.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...m2TWzdQ4xfbGr9W0vJrvIKUpN97ovRPhoCLUAQAvD_BwE
I have the proline extended body mounts for my slash right now. I love the threaded caps. Much better then the body pins / copper pins

Yea thinking about a stampede 2wd chassis and use the monster truck tires. Or getting a rustler 2wd chassis (which is the same as the bandit). But I still want to use the short course body if I get a rustler chassis. With the rustler chassis, wheel base is a little bit shorter and I'll need to punch new holes in the body. And it would look funky. Or I might just get a rustler body. If I do switch chassis and convert I will keep my old slash bodies for when if I get another/better 2wd/4wd SCT. I think the slash 2wd and 4x4 bodies are the same.
Or I might just get the stock HCG chassis again. I threw mine away which I shouldn't have.

I have the proline extended body mounts for my slash right now. I love the threaded caps. Much better then the body pins / copper pins
It's not really worth it. On top of that in my opinion slash is the best rc out of stampede rustler bandit.

It would be much cheaper to find cheap rustler or stampede on used market for 70, 80$

It's not really worth it. On top of that in my opinion slash is the best rc out of stampede rustler bandit.

It would be much cheaper to find cheap rustler or stampede on used market for 70, 80$
Where is the fun in that? The fun is in the tinkering!

Where is the fun in that? The fun is in the tinkering!
Agreed. Or I might just sell the slash. It's turning into a headache. If I sell the slash I will get a better and faster basher. Going for arrma.

Been thinking about converting my slash 2wd into a stampede 2wd or either another rustler 2wd. I think the stampede will be best since I already have the monstertruck tires. One of my other RC friends converts his rustlers into bandits or bandits into rustlers. All that I need is a 2wd stampede chassis, servo saver, chassis skid plates, I believe longer arms too. Might get an ESC/battery strap expansion kit so I can run 3s in there. If I convert the slash into a stampede I wont have that peg issue.
I once converted mine I to a buggy as Strc has a conversion kit and it worked great! You can find the kit on amain hobbies

Back