The stampede is back! Now what should I mod?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Slash

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
So I went to the LHS to buy parts for my stampede I destroyed and I bunkered down and fixed it! It is all stock except it's overgeared. Comment on what I should modify next.

GOPR0075.JPG

So I went to the LHS to buy parts for my stampede I destroyed and I bunkered down and fixed it! It is all stock except it's overgeared. Comment on what I should modify next.
Whatever breaks next 😉

Id think about a new esc and motor .a lipo if you dont have 1 already but that takes a charger also.run it till it breaks then replace what breaks.. with brushless might also want a better trans case. either a aluminum 1 or the rpm.. then again might also want to upgrade drive axels.. the list goes on and on..lol

Id think about a new esc and motor .a lipo if you dont have 1 already but that takes a charger also.run it till it breaks then replace what breaks.. with brushless might also want a better trans case. either a aluminum 1 or the rpm.. then again might also want to upgrade drive axels.. the list goes on and on..lol
Right?
Here is my list of what I have in mine.
Rpm A arms all around.
Rpm front bumper.
Rpm rod ends.
Traxxas VXL turnbuckles and camber links.
Traxxas wheelie bar.
Traxxas chassis dyed black.
Traxxas green front and rear skid plates.
Traxxas aluminum rear hubs.
Atomik aluminum shock caps.
Atomik aluminum front c hubs and axle carriers.
Hobbywing 10BL50 esc.
Castle 1410 1Y 3800kv non sensored motor.
Proline low pro body mounts.
Proline 2.8 Mashers.
Proline 56 Ford F100 painted with Tamiya PS14 Copper.
STRC hinge pins.
eBay aluminum front hinge pin retainer.
Hot Racing sealed diff.
DS3225MG servo.
Traxxas Rustler 4x4 rear driveshafts.

Swap your front right and left rear tire... :)

A buddy of mine has an old 2wd stampede that's brushed. He runs 2S lipo's in it and the thing seems to run forever. It's not the fastest thing, but I think that helps it mechanically last so long.

Swap your front right and left rear tire... :)

A buddy of mine has an old 2wd stampede that's brushed. He runs 2S lipo's in it and the thing seems to run forever. It's not the fastest thing, but I think that helps it mechanically last so long.
On my chevrons, I have a habbit of running the backwards. The correct way, its like a boat pushing in the water. When you reverse it, it pulls dirt in and somewhat compacts it. I can't say it get more traction, but in lose terrain she can eat.