The RC that you couldn't have.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Remember that must have RC that you couldn't have because you were either to young or didn't have the coin at that time? Here is mine.
Kyosho Assault!
Man I wanted it so bad back then.

Screenshot_20180621-212343.jpg

My RC that I've always wanted buy was also a Kyosho. First seen it in middle school and was entirely way out of my price range.

I always wanted to get a Kyosho USA-1 monster truck.

kyosho-usa-1.jpg

Mine was a 5B. I got it, built it, drove it, upgraded it, sold it. Sometimes what you want doesn't fit what you hoped for very well. For me, the smell of pump gas in my house was awful and the lack of places to run it kind of sucked. Also, the lack of a 2 speed (without spending a small fortune) also caused it to lose appeal to me pretty quick.

Was a hell of a machine though. Really felt like you were doing something when you fired that thing up or worked on it!

OMG yes pretty much every RC Nitro from the 80s. I actually did get my hands on a Kyosho Nitro Brute, and it was a total POS XD

I must be old , the first car I remember ever wanting so bad that I could not afford was a COX dune buggy , it had a pistol grip with a air tube that went to a bellows inside the car ,it would push the steering mechanics . It also had a worm drive so it was pretty slow but would climb over anything . I guess you could call it the godfather of the crawlers LOL ,this was the 70s . I don't think R/C was a big deal in cars back then , it was slot cars , hot wheels , and COX tether car & planes .

Mine was also a COX .049. you could set the steering to the right, left or center. that was it.
my first plane was a tester corsair and you would be dizzy 1/2 way through a tank of gas

I still have one of those cox dune buggies that you set the steering ,tempted to put a servo in it and go crawling LOL . Never was able to find the one with the controller, must be super rare, it was purple with huge metalic flake paint . My first plane was a cox spitfire , Tried to fly it in a underground parking garage in the winter LOL ,didn't work out so well .

That .049 tether car with the pusher prop. Fuel it, start it with that 4 pound 1 1/2V dry cell and watch it go in circles for about 3 minutes. Then you'd repeat with nothing to do except watch...well, actually you could spend the time changing the band aids on your finger where the prop hit you.

^^I had a U line P-51D that worked similar. My parents turned me loose with that thing when I was about 8 years old. I was flying it one day, and a wind gust got slack in the line and it turned and headed in my direction. I threw the handle and ran and it imploded in the driveway. :hehe:

I used to read RC Car Action when I was a kid drooling over things I couldn't afford. Back when Jammin Jay drove for Associated. I drooled over a gold tub RC10 like you guys wouldn't believe.

1ugJ3vy.png

Lst2 (ended up with aftershock), losi 5t 2.0, rustler vxl.

Kyosho Nitro USA-1, XTM X-Factor are the two main "unicorns" for me, the other being an HPI Savage SS.

Just as Memphis raines in gone in 60 seconds his unicorn being eleanor mine is the tamiya txt-1........... and just as Memphis captures his unicorn so have I. I just got my txt-1 in the mail.

Back