The purchase for a new server has been made!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pushing around a huge database this big needs a lot of horse power. Congrats on the upgrade WoodiE. It'll be a welcome change of pace.

This is great news. Like a few others have mentioned browsing the site just isn't the same with the increased slowness.

Just found out that the major slowness of yesterday was due to the RAID in our current server being rebuilt so the server was busy doing that instead of serving the site. Anyways just an FYI!

-Michael

So much for being "seamless!" I had an RCNT breakdown! I just kept on getting DNS errors ...

I didn't notice a problem. I'm able to jump around the site with ease now. :thumbup:

What happened yesterday? though we were gonna get 1 days notice?

No the server move hasn't happened yet. We tried to have some updates ran on your current server which only ended up screwing things up causing down time. We're still on the old server - the new one is being built as we speak.

-Michael

I know i was trying to access but couldn't
WoodiE check you PM'S

oo good stuff. i notice this morning that I'm flying around here alot faster.

Last edited:
FRIDGE said:
oo good stuff. i notice this morning that I'm flying around here alot faster.

yep definately. it's also Sunday morning and there's like 5 people on... including Woodie.

Good news guys - I've been given word by a little birdie that our server is near the completion stage of building. At which point a sys admin will come in and lock down the server, test the server and start the transfer of RCNT.

If I was a betting man I'd bet everyone will be on the new server by Thursday.

-Michael

This is very good news woodie.. so what time does the party start... :cheers:

Tooo Sweeeeeet ! ! !

*edit*

^^ godamn muthafuckin thing stole my muthafuckin caps again!

bitch.

Last edited:
Dude I love the "b!t(h" at the end, that made my day.

can't wait to see the change!!!

Maybe I'm nuts RCNT seems real fast today (well faster I guess).

It does seem way faster today to me too. I didnt have to wait at the doorstep for 2 minutes today!

bigfreak said:
Maybe I'm nuts RCNT seems real fast today (well faster I guess).

it is. Inoticed it first thing this morning (cuz you know I jump on RCNT first thing). probably due to the maintenance last night.

I've been given the keys to the new server this morning! The security admin will be going through the server now and installing what he needs to and then moving the sites over - we'll be on the new server this week!

-Michael

Back