The perfect TX mod.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
We all have seen at one time or another the guys that use a DX5C and just put a big clump of goo around the on/off switch.
It definitely is some what of a design flaw because if you toss the TX in a box, there is a big chance you will turn it on without noticing.
Instead of a glob of glue, I superglued a shock spacer around the button. Works great.

tx mod.JPG

I really like this TX, so simple to use.
I also use the Flysky FS-GT3B and the button on that can be turned on by accident also so I will glue something around the on/off button.

Last edited:
I really like this TX, so simple to use.
I also use the Flysky FS-GT3B and the button on that can be turned on by accident also so I will glue something around the on/off button.

I've got the GT5 and it has a slide switch on the back of end of the radio. I just always pull the batteries before I throw it in my bag now it's been left on enough times.

I used to be horrible about turning off my flight radio, I was always bumping it and turning it on or just plain forgetting to turn it off. I would suddenly hear beeping from the other room a few hours later. After a few times Mrs. Doom would just yell at me that my radio is beeping again. 🤣 This is a good idea for the DX5C. I haven't bumped mine yet but it's just a matter of time.

I've had my DX5C and flight tx beep as well because I either forgot to turn it off or bumped it.
The shock spacer is just big enough for my little finger so it worked perfectly.

I've had my DX5C and flight tx beep as well because I either forgot to turn it off or bumped it.
The shock spacer is just big enough for my little finger so it worked perfectly.

I have the DX3 that came with my Vorteks and the button is in a different place. I haven't turned it on accidentally but I forget to turn that transmitter off all the time. I should complete this mod on that one though, can't hurt.

Yeah, on the DX5C they definitely need to work out that issue.
Using a shock spacer looks a hell of a lot better than a big glob of glue like most guys used.

Back