Pennsylvania The Factory this weekend!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Practice session 4-9p Friday and full race program Saturday morning. Should be a good start to the holiday weekend.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been out. Gonna work on getting the new flysky dialed in Friday night and knock off the cobwebs. Can’t wait!

IMG_2717.jpeg

Wish I could go. Gonna try to make it up there sometime in January with my uncle once I fix up his car. If you have Facebook we can chat on when we both can go 😉

So far this Flysky is awesome! So configurable. Unfortunately they changed the layout so I can’t compare times but I feel WAY faster with this thing. Steering expo is great! 😂

I got third! The real fast guys in mod buggy were turning low 10 sec laps with a few 9’s sprinkled in. I was cutting low 12’s with a few 11’s in there. Their new layout is pretty good. Definitely an improvement on the previous one. Fun day.

IMG_2778.jpeg

Friday was a wrench fest. At the beginning of indoor season I went through and replaced all the bearings in the B74.1 with the extra set they give you with the kit. Well the carrier bearings in BOTH diffs locked up and melted into the diff cases. Fortunately I had thrown two fast eddies kits in the pit box a few weeks ago. They came in handy. I’ll be doing all the rest of them again soon when I get some replacement cases too.

Quick question, whats the go to tire for 4wd bug?

I have a race day old set of fuzz bites, but I already rounded one of the wheel hexes. 🙄
I also have a set of pin swags which are like 3 race days old and worn down.
I think I seen cactus and cactus fusion being the best? If so, I'm going to figure out on how to reuse old wheels so I don't have to buy new ones.

My uncle currently runs cactus rear and swagger front, but dunno if it works on that track. I ran the same setup and they got worn down within a couple race days at my old track (RC Underground)

When I go up there, ill bring my Mini B which has PL prism and wedge tires, and my slash that has schumacher mini pins. Those should work well, but I'm mainly about the buggies.

What I don't like is their schedule, they are only open during the winter season. But it is what it is. I think most of the other guys that race their go to outdoor dirt or 1/8th scale for the summer. Id like to stay inside in the AC in the summer. Was going to go up last night, but they weren't racing so I just decided to go the gaithersburg track.

Last edited:
Quick question, whats the go to tire for 4wd bug?

I have a race day old set of fuzz bites, but I already rounded one of the wheel hexes. 🙄
I also have a set of pin swags which are like 3 race days old and worn down.
I think I seen cactus and cactus fusion being the best? If so, I'm going to figure out on how to reuse old wheels so I don't have to buy new ones.

My uncle currently runs cactus rear and swagger front, but dunno if it works on that track. I ran the same setup and they got worn down within a couple race days at my old track (RC Underground)

When I go up there, ill bring my Mini B which has PL prism and wedge tires, and my slash that has schumacher mini pins. Those should work well, but I'm mainly about the buggies.

What I don't like is their schedule, they are only open during the winter season. But it is what it is. I think most of the other guys that race their go to outdoor dirt or 1/8th scale for the summer. Id like to stay inside in the AC in the summer. Was going to go up last night, but they weren't racing so I just decided to go the gaithersburg track.
I’m running Schumacher cactus in back and cactus fusion in front. Silver and yellow. Whichever is softer on the front. They’ve been doing great but I’m half way through the fronts already in only like 3 events. I have a set of raw speed’s carpet tires inbound. We’ll see how they are next time out. You’ll probably need to glue the sidewalls on your fronts too. It was traction roll city without.

Yea when this place closes at the end of march Pit Stop opens the next weekend. (Can’t wait for that!) you wouldn’t want to be in the factory in summer. No A/C in a 100 year old building in July would be brutal. While indoor is fun and is helping to keep my skills sharp over the winter, outdoor is way more fun. Much easier on the car although there’s more cleanup involved. I love being out in the fresh air. A good fan in your pit area and an ez up tent keeps the temps reasonable. One thing I like about indoor more is there way less stuff to bring pit wise. At pit stop at least, you need an ezup, table, chair, fan, extension cord etc. a real car load. For indoor it’s just my cars and my short packout stack. One trip for load in.

Back