The E-firestorm Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novak

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
what do you think of this one ?...because it's cheaper than the new e-revo coming up and I read you can upgrade the gear system and put LiPo batteries so it goes up to 70 mph....and this is my next question then:
Is it really interesting to go that fast ? can you control the car at such speeds ? and at 70 mph or around, don't you anyway loose sight of your car after some seconds ?
How far does the transmitter allows you to control a car ?
thanks everyone.

70 mph in any truck is good for only one thing a straight line, and most of todays radios will allow you to drive your rc farther then you can see it, as far as the two rc's you are looking at they are two totaly different vehicles, so it realy depends on what you want to do, the Revo is going to be more vesitile being that is 4WD and has more ground clearance, and could be run just about any where, the E-Firestorm is more of a off road track type stadium truck...

Also the Revo is 8th scale and the e-firestorm I believe is 10th scale unless they've changed something. Will you be racing or just bashing?

If you're going to be racing I would say Revo all the way. The suspension dynamics of the Revo, IMO, are better suited for racing. Also, with the new upgrades that traxxas is releasing for the platinum revo, it will be a mean racing machine. But if you will be racing, you need to see what class they have at your local track and see what they will allow. If the 1/10 doesn't allow brushless, you wouldn't want to get the flux, etc... That's just an example.

Also the Revo is 8th scale and the e-firestorm I believe is 10th scale unless they've changed something. Will you be racing or just bashing?

The Revo is 10th scale unless Traxxas changed it in some way since I last looked at it five minutes ago... lol

oops no you're right, what I was trying to say is you've got the firestorm that is 10th scale stadium truck and one that is a monster truck that will be classed in the monster truck class and run with some of the 8th scale stuff.

Going fast is fun when you've got your mates goin, "oh yeah", but although I still have my faaaasssst cars, I now get more fun out of making them go round a track properly. The most fun I have is my Cen ME16 with the Velenion system and the 11.1 in it. Awesome for the wow factor, but you can only do so many high speed wheelie passes before you look elsewhere. I have 2 70 mph cars, they can be hard to control and fun at that speed is limited. A genuine 50mph is plenty, and far more driveable.

agreed, and 50 mph is a lot faster than a lot of people realize when they see these huge numbers posted on the internet.

The problem with cars running over 50mph, (dont roll your eyes guys) is that its a lot of work. Even the standard Jato, once you get close to the 60 mark becomes a 'Blink and she's toast' type ride. I doesn't take much to lose them, and at that speed recovery is unlikely and impact is terminal. It takes concentration to go fast, but skill is low. I have a hell of a lot of respect for these guys (certainly not me) who can do 10 or 20 laps on a track, and hit the jumps, landings and corners right all the time. I'm in awe! Thats SKILL.

If it can do 70 then it is not geared right for a track? Why waste the speed. I have no idea what it would be like to try and control that kind of power. I am only running somewhere around 20, but I do desire to get a faster rig though.

Back