Thank god I bought a temp tool!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarin12ga

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been running my nitro rustler near 380's!!!LOL That's probley why it stalls sometimes when I stop right?I'm sizzling the motor!I will say that the 2.5 screams running lean.Insane fast!But I'm just hurting the motor.I'm glad I bought the dura trax fast point tool.Saved my car in the long run.Cool tool ,works good!

I thought it was set at 23E for a standard motor.I have duratrax fast point.

I would calibrate the temp gun to the engine as different materials give off different emissions, that way you know that the gun is giving you an accurate reading of the engine. Making sure that the "eye" is spotless is very important as well, if it gets any dust/debris in the eye the readings will be off for sure.

Where are you guys pointing it exactly? I just got a temp guage the other day in a box of parts. Aimed for the block as best I could.
How long/hard do you drive before getting a good read?

Most people just aim straight down at the glow plug, which I do, but sometimes I also go for wherever it'll read the highest......But not the exhaust;).

I changed it to 77E is that what it should be on??

That's what mine is on, but like ercm said you should set it to the particular material being read, which should be anodized aluminum.

Use an oven and throw the head, button with plug in at 300F, let it sit for ten minutes or so and then pull it out and temp it as fast as possible. Adjust the gun until it is very close and you should be good +/- 5-10F in the normal running temp range.

Back