Tf2 question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

>BD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have been wanting to ask this for a long time as I have had my tf2 for almost 2 years now. I want to know if the stock leaf springs are really stiff, or was that just mine? The leaf springs where REALLY stiff, only a small bit of flat on more extreme angles. I do see vids of stock ones where they flex easily over smaller rocks and I have been wondering if they just removed a leaf from the spring. Are they all that stiff? But, removing a leaf would cause axle wrap when putting the torque down in a tough spot. I have converted mine to 4 link front and back last winter so I don't have to worryvany more, but I was wondering if mine was an anomaly.

I own a tf2 but i bought it used so I don't know if yours was an anomaly or not. If you were to put it back to leaf spring I could help you get more flex. I also haven't had any problems when running the soft red leaf springs, 1 helper and no springs in the shocks. Atleast I think that's what it is. I like my truck as is and i find that it flexes enough to satisfy me.
This is a video of a supposed stock tf2. The front has no suspension at all.

I have been wanting to ask this for a long time as I have had my tf2 for almost 2 years now. I want to know if the stock leaf springs are really stiff, or was that just mine? The leaf springs where REALLY stiff, only a small bit of flat on more extreme angles. I do see vids of stock ones where they flex easily over smaller rocks and I have been wondering if they just removed a leaf from the spring. Are they all that stiff? But, removing a leaf would cause axle wrap when putting the torque down in a tough spot. I have converted mine to 4 link front and back last winter so I don't have to worryvany more, but I was wondering if mine was an anomaly.
Yes they are VERY stiff.

I watch this and as you can see there is does not conform to the terrain much at all. I know from experience that leaf springs in full size vehicles can have a very harsh ride compared to coil springs, I am also only used to comp crawler type crawlers so the tf2 was a whole new experience for me and I had no other comparison.

Yeah, those trucks have the suspension way too stiff. Holy cow.

Back