Tell me about your Futaba 3pk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking into buying a new radio. I own a spektrum dx2.0, and since day 1, i hated it. Crappy range no matter what i do, and I'm talking lose range at 100-150 feet. So I'm looking at the Futaba 3pk. I hear good things about it but want to hear your experience with this radio and how well it works for you.:)

I run a 3PK with a Spektrum module. No issues with range. Aside from being somewhat heavy it's a great radio. Lots of options to personalize setting on multiple buttons, knobs etc. I love it.

Think I'm goin with the 3pm, alot cheaper than 3pk.

3PK is a fairly hardcore radio. I love how adjustable it is. I just got the hardcase for it, friggin sweet.

I have a 3PKS....As Lessen said it is the do it all radio. Thing does WAY more than I will ever use. But I like it a lot. I have never ran it out of range.
Lessen....dude which receivers you use on the Spektrum module? I have though about picking one up for the option of cheaper receivers. I found another receiver that is supposed to be FASST compatible....we will see when it gets in.

Just picked up my 3pm today. Gona install it in awhile.

Never cheap out on a radio you will only regret it later.I have used futaba since the day they came out in planes,cars,boats,and helies never lost anything to a radio problem with there product.A little history they were MRC(model rectifier corperation) before they became futuba.:D

Never cheap out on a radio you will only regret it later.I have used futaba since the day they came out in planes,cars,boats,and helies never lost anything to a radio problem with there product.A little history they were MRC(model rectifier corperation) before they became futuba.:D

Thanks for the good news on Futaba radios. I got it installed and ready to go, now just waiting for snow to melt. Took me awhile to adjust everything on the radio, soo many options in this 3pm. My old specktrum didn't have many settings, just the basic stuff. Kinda liking the ABS brakes option, pretty cool. I'm really curious to see what kinda range this radio will give me!?! The spek gave me maybe 150 on a good day, worse when my rig would go over a small hill on the other side,FS would kick in so I'd have to walk up to it to start back up again. Total JUNK!!!

I have a spektrum radio and i have never once had any issues with range. . .i get 100 yards + with out an issue. . .its a dx3s. . .maybe thats why?

I have a spektrum radio and i have never once had any issues with range. . .i get 100 yards + with out an issue. . .its a dx3s. . .maybe thats why?

It was a dx2.0. Iv heard of ppl getting a few hundred yards with their Futaba. Furthest iv herd is over 1000 feet!

Back