Tekno Mount and 250cc tank pix

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got it today and installed it. Couple things here. If your running the single steering servo and plan to run the alternate tanks, especially the 250 you'll have to run the steering servo on the left. Had to move mine. Wire routing into the RX box was a bit of a pain but not too bad, just trying to get it all tucked in neatly and put the lid on wasn't too fun. Here's a couple pix last one is the old tank on top of the new tank. One thing to add, switching back to the stock tank is quite simple too, just remove the big tank, stand-offs and all and put the Revo standoffs in.

250Tank.gif

250Tank02.gif

Old-v-New-01.gif

It's from a 1/7th scale Ofna, not sure the exact vehicle. I'm going to get either the Hellfire 150cc or the Jammin' 145 cc tank too.

I've been reading that most guys are going with the crt tank because the new Pro series rules state that if your truck is under 9 or 9.5 lbs you have to run an engine smaller then 20.99 and a tank smaller then 150 cc. Anything bigger then either of those has to weigh more then 9/9.5# and if it doesn't weigh that much its gotta race against the truggies.

U race the pro series?

I'm going to try and make one or two of the races for this region. Kinda why I'm going to have a variety of tanks. Half the places I run follow ROAR or Pro-series rules, the others are "Run what ya brung!" Thinking the 250cc might make quick work of a 30 minute main.

I read somewhere that guys were getting 17-19 min with a tm and a trinity spider tank, which is 170cc I think. Another 100 cc should get you about 10 min! Thats just stupid!

You know... I had problems running the OFNA buggy tank in the same orientation you have it on my savage. Having the fuel pickup at the front of the tank causes it to go lean when the tank is less than 1/2 full on take off. All the fuel rushes to the back of the tank... you may want to turn it around.

Yeah, I stuck it on this way cause the body is new and to mount it the other way I would have to punch a big hole in the bed for the cap to open. I guess it's the downfall of running a CP2. Mounted that way I can fill it through the pax side window which was already cut out.