Tekno DB48.3 “The Shredder”

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I bought this Eb48.3 chassis a couple years ago and then did the DB48 conversion. I guess I never created a build log on this forum but it is on the Tekno forum.
IMG_4130.jpeg
IMG_4155.jpeg

I started with the usual thing to do when receiving a used chassis. Threw a battery in and ripped it! Just kidding, I didn’t have the motor or electronics…..no I printed off a manual and tore it down to get the damage report. Lots of parts were worn, and some were damaged. I sent a grip of parts off for a warranty. Once I got new parts I reassembled a like new chassis. I upgraded to universals instead of dog bones, I grabbed the M2C aluminum center diff case, and put on some T-Bone racing front and rear bumpers. I'm glad I did because you can't get the bumpers anymore.
For electronics I went with the Max8 and a hobbystar 4076 2000KV motor on 4S. NSDRC RS 500B direct power servo. I had to use ingenuity to mount the ESC since the motor is so long.
The cage I chose was the losi tenacity DB, the nomad cage wasn't available anywhere. I came up with a front mount out of plastic bent into a 90 degree and a 3D printed rear mount from shapeways or maybe Etsy.
IMG_4122.jpeg
IMG_4151.jpeg
IMG_4150.jpeg
IMG_4156.jpeg
IMG_4110.jpeg

Clone Trooper heads for the win!
IMG_4149.jpeg
IMG_4135.jpeg

I did not stretch this out to truggy size, I used the entire buggy chassis, front shock tower is from the SCT, rear tower is the buggies. Shocks are also from the buggy. I honestly can't remember what springs I ended up with, I want to say I used the pink, but I have a setup sheet somewhere(on the Tekno forum).
I am at this point right now where I think it has a funky look to it, like a clown shoe looking thing. i feel the need to put truggy arms and driveshafts on it. Doing that would basically make it look like an MT.
It is currently in a non op state as my son somehow managed to strip the spur gear. The part is already on the way.
Stay tuned for some updates and more pics as there were some details in this build I most likely forgot to mention.
IMG_0104.jpeg
IMG_4128.jpeg

Last edited:
After ripping the sct410.3 up and down the street today, (before it blew up the front wheel), I have come to realize the truck is faster than the buggy due to pinion size. Absolutely scary fast for asphalt! The buggy has a 15, the truck came with a 17. Time to drop in a 17 tooth pinion in The Shredder.

IMG_0119.png

I’m pretty sure I’m running thicker diff oils now

And I do in fact have a 15t pinion not a 16 like the sheet says

Last edited:
I let the kid drive this thing today. I put the 16t pinion back in it after replacing the spur.
Right off the bat it pops a straight up wheelie that was impressive. I always drive first so that was me. I had to turn the throttle expo way down so he didn’t wreck my toy. We were driving in the street which isn’t normal terrain so I have to assume my diff fluid choices are still ok for other surfaces. This thing is a beast. I wanna say it could go up to a 17t pinion.

It’s back on the duratrax six packs 2.8’s since the nitro Xtm is borrowing the badlands 2.8 tires.