Tekin rx8 LED issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fill us in,what was the problem?

I had an intermittent led issue after running on a real dusty track, Tekin said that if blowing it out worked I am good to go, and it did. They seem to think that some dust I picked up might have had some conductive material in it. Next time I open it I'm going to rtv the case to help with dust getting in.

oh ok......I'm actually thinking of selling my tekin RX8 and trying the new viper 1/8 esc.

if you do sell the RX8 let me know sometime in the near future I will be running a tekno sct410, and want to use an rx8 as my esc.

If its anything like my tekno it will run hot.....thats why I'm gonna move away from it, i can't keep the temps down, i can run it in a 1/8 buggy and have no temp problems.

I wonder why, hrmm maybe I will have to buy the kit first and the electronics last, so I can test my rx8 setup before I buy another. Are you still keeping with the pro4 motor?

yea, running the pro4, i guess i should say that the esc isnt really getting hot, but at my last race i un soldered 2 4mm bullets on the battery side of the wires, so i guess i should say, my wiring is getting hot.

interesting.. i use 12ga wet noodle wires never had a heat issue.. I am sure you know this but when wiring gets hot it has to do with excess resistance usually, just like in car stereos. either bad ground, too long of a wire, or too small of a gauge.

yup....i used 10g wire, and the way the tekno is set up, the wiring i short.

have you tried using a bec? I know when I had my hi torque servos in my lst2 the rx8 was warmer. and if you decide to use a bec stay away from the castle 10a bec.. get the 20A version.. the main reason the 10A bec dies is when used with 12v or more input it can only handle 5A... but just to be safe I would use the 20A pro version.

I havent, i never really needed one, I'm gonna re wire it this week sometime and put a few packs thru it before i try the viper esc.

Back