team losi electric car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev-bot11

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i have a guy that has a team losi truck its brushed power are they a good brand and have lots of power like a brushless motor?

Team Losi is a good brand

Brushed power will never compare to brushless power

Yes, Losi is quality. On par with Associated, Durango, etc.

Brushed power will never compare to brushless power

That's not entirely true. Brushed will never compare to brushless efficiency, but under load, a good brushed motor can be just as potent. Having said that, the primary advantage to brushed is cost and robust simplicity, being that they need nothing to run but power and ground, whereas brushless require complex digital circuits to function. When you get into larger applications, the circuitry required for brushless becomes a nightmare. Don't expect to see brushless recovery winches or starter motors any time soon.

For RC applications, though, the highly efficient and sealed design that keeps debris out of a brushless can is definitely superior.

How much would it cost if I put a brushless syatem in it

How much would it cost if I put a brushless syatem in it

You can get a brushless system for around $100.00, I'm a fan of Castle Creations, they are programmable, reliable, and they perform!

That's not entirely true. Brushed will never compare to brushless efficiency, but under load, a good brushed motor can be just as potent.

If your going to compare equally it will not compare in efficiency, price, or anything else. When put in the same rc using proper gearing and at max voltage that each set up is built for the brushless system will win every time.

Brushed will not be as fast

Brushed won't have the same run time

At the end of a full day the brushed motor will need a rebuild

And a "fast" brushed motor and esc will cost more than a basic brushless system

Last edited:
Back