team associated sc8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shizcol

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i just picked up a like new team associated sc8 and i dont know anything about these trucks.. I'm more of a basher and i got a good deal on this rig so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what to look out for or whats good or bad about thses trucks? thanks

this is the truck i picked up
2eb7751a.gif

307bbf5c.gif

8a09aa91.gif

77007ec5.gif

The SC8 is really a nice rig. The only areas on mine that have been a problem are the bumper braces and I have a rear diff issue from the last outing,but the truck's really been solid.

Is the cage on yours painted? Mine's black. The white looks neat under the dark lid.

Yeah the guy painted it white i think its a nice truk i hope i get to run it soon. How does the .28 perform? I have yet to get it so i was just looking for info. Il have it saterday

It's not the fastest .28,but if it was broke-in right and taken care of it should run pretty good. There wasn't a class locally to race it in so I can't compare to other truck/engine combos.

But is it snappy? Does the truck come with pretty decent servos out of the box?

Yeah it's snappy if it's tuned well. Servos? I switched mine out to Futaba right away and never ran the stock ones.

do these trucks have good bottom end? i was told that it doesn't have much, I'm gonna have to see for myself huh lol

Just got my sc8 and all i can say is wow. This thing is fun to drive. Took a lil getting used to but its fun as hell. That engine is strong

wanna get rid of it? lol wouldnt mind getting me another haha

this is mine after hrs of cleaning it and going through the whole thing after buying it..
4c7fd57e.gif

What are people using for upgraded shocks for the sc8s or aluminum upgrades for hub carriers or c hubs? What brand is best?

well i went to start my sc8 this morning and noticed the tank has a crack in it right below the filler cap.. how did this happen? that made me so mad.. anyone have a good sc8 tank for sale for a decent price? pm me if u do

Last edited:
Back