Team Associated SC10 pro vs con

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-maxxlover14

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i have a slash now and i race it and some times i win and some times i dont and the truck that beats me is the sc10 against my slash 4x4 vxl. so what i want to know is pro and con to the sc10 because I'm looking into buying one so any info on the sc10 is greatly helpfull let me know what you think of it. As most of you know I'm big traxxas guy but iv heard nothing but great things about the sc10 and its beat on the track so I'm really looking into it. My only problem is that it looks to be a 2wd set up and i really like 4wd so?

Last edited:
Ill trade you my sc10! :D

I want a slash 4x4 vlx but only because i dont race. I want something i can bash around the yard. The sc10 is a fun rig though. Mine has a few upgrades.

well Thanks for the offer but I'm in the middle of a build on the slash 4x4 i think i have to much into it to get rid of it. i want both so i can bash and race so I'm adding to the colletion.

If you can't drive the 4wd Slash well enough to beat the 2wd SC10 at your track,you won't beat it with another SC10.

Last edited:
If you can't drive the 4wd Slash well enough to be the 2wd SC10 at you track,you won't beat it with another SC10.

Well said, and might I add in the nicest way possible.

Last edited:
i agree, a 4x4 should definitely eat the crap out of a 2wd.

associated SC10
Pros - easily the fastest race truck out there. based off the t4 platform it is a race winner easily.
cons - when i bought my SC10 it came with diff problems. i ate out 2 diffs straight before switching to a ball diff recently. i think this problem has been taken care of by associated tho.

associated vs traxxas.
in my opinion in fairness and honesty, traxxas makes tougher trucks than associated. however associated kicks traxxas' ass when it comes to handling.

Back