team associated rc8.2 and novarossi build and race!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose.28

the friendly guy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Soooooo I've experienced alot of guys going back and forth on whats better the werks or novarossi name brand.
Last night I was about to order up a werks b6 pro and I figured id try novarossi being that I have a werks b6 to try out.
I've also found myself really enjoying the track so one step at a time I'm getting deeper and deeper in it.
I pulled the trigger on my first brand new 1/8 buggy kit.
After helping a friend reshim his new rc8.2e kit he got I found to really like it so I ordered a rc8.2!
Once this buggy is complete I will be testing it nex to my agama a8 with the werks b6.
I will be taking notes of the differences on handling, tune, durability, and the level of how hard are they to work on. I'm putting my faith in associated because of the well known name BUT the agama is looking pretty sweet and has its own things that I like about it already. :D stay tune for racing advancers!!!

My second race level engine came in today!

Behold! The novarossi p5xlt!
20140227_202458_zps78kn4ccv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah that just happened!
20140228_202707_zpsijqnudzp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ha ha. I love it. That's how you do it!

Man, I was DEAD SET on getting that 8.2 when we got into the racing scene. I seriously had that kit, a Reedy121VR, 2035 pipe, AE XP servos, etc in my shopping cart but wanted to wait a day before pulling the trigger. I had heard a lot about how it's incredibly aggressive, how it might overwhelm bad drivers such as myself, etc. Then I tried one at our track and was like "nah". ;-) I have a friend who got one and I told him my experience. He laughed and was like "ah...I like aggressive buggies". Ge was upgrading from JQ The Car. No joke he sold that 8.2 a month later. Ha ha

It's all about preference--I think my son would kill with this buggy--he loves aggressive set-ups. I've seen guys who CAN drive them and they are some bad-ass machines for sure!

Regarding engines...I think you did the absolute right thing. Not Nova over Werks...but simply trying something new. This is what I like to do so I can have an educated understanding on what works best for me. You know I have a Werks B6 (and a B5)...and also have a Nova P5 (but it is "clocked"). In all candor, I like the Werks' engines better...BUT to be fair my P5 is in a truggy, so I'm going to swap (try B5 in truggy and P5in buggy) so I can test and get a true comparison. I'm not tied to any make/model so whatever works best is what I'll roll with (although I'd have to say right now I'm a Mugen-guy). ;-)

I cannot wait for your feedback on what you like better. What pipe are going to run with that P5? I'm currently running an 053, whcih is a bottom-mid pipe and with that P5...meh. Again, I'll test it on buggy with different pipes (086, 2013, 2058, 9901, etc.). It's just a matter of finding that right combination.

But yeah....it's great seeing you get into the racing scene like you have---and doing it right! Congrats on your new kit. Would love it if you post build pics! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Lol the kit came in yesterday and its completely done. I just stopped at the servo mark as I have to gather more funds for them. I also did not get a pipe yet as I'm trying to figure out which one I need. I was thinking 086 but I'm still researching. There one high speed pass on my track and the rest is turns/switch backs/and jumps. I'm thinking ill need low or mid pipe. Just not sure :/

I'm actually stunned on how many adjustments this thing has. I feel lost on what to do with them but I figured ill learn as I drive it. Lol

Yep...just begin with stock unless there is something blatant you know can make you drive it better. Get the feel for it, then start to decide how you want the buggy to behave and then make it happen. One thing about having different makes - it really helps expedite the process setup tuning because you've experienced a breadth.

A lot of the AE drivers use those AE 8/1.3 pistons and Kyosho light blue springs. I'm going to get me a set of the latter as for my Hyper 7.

Ha ha. I love it. That's how you do it!

Man, I was DEAD SET on getting that 8.2 when we got into the racing scene. I seriously had that kit, a Reedy121VR, 2035 pipe, AE XP servos, etc in my shopping cart but wanted to wait a day before pulling the trigger. I had heard a lot about how it's incredibly aggressive, how it might overwhelm bad drivers such as myself, etc. Then I tried one at our track and was like "nah". ;-) I have a friend who got one and I told him my experience. He laughed and was like "ah...I like aggressive buggies". Ge was upgrading from JQ The Car. No joke he sold that 8.2 a month later. Ha ha

It's all about preference--I think my son would kill with this buggy--he loves aggressive set-ups. I've seen guys who CAN drive them and they are some bad-ass machines for sure!

Regarding engines...I think you did the absolute right thing. Not Nova over Werks...but simply trying something new. This is what I like to do so I can have an educated understanding on what works best for me. You know I have a Werks B6 (and a B5)...and also have a Nova P5 (but it is "clocked"). In all candor, I like the Werks' engines better...BUT to be fair my P5 is in a truggy, so I'm going to swap (try B5 in truggy and P5in buggy) so I can test and get a true comparison. I'm not tied to any make/model so whatever works best is what I'll roll with (although I'd have to say right now I'm a Mugen-guy). ;-)

I cannot wait for your feedback on what you like better. What pipe are going to run with that P5? I'm currently running an 053, whcih is a mid-top pipe and with that P5...meh. Again, I'll test it on buggy with different pipes (086, 2013, 2058, 9901, etc.). It's just a matter of finding that right combination.

But yeah....it's great seeing you get into the racing scene like you have---and doing it right! Congrats on your new kit. Would love it if you post build pics! :thumbup:

You should ask me bro !!!! take that 053 off that engine ! your choking it out... get yourself a 2041 or 2058.......engine will wake right up...053 is a bottom end pipe that is not suited to the Clocked p5 at all...it will kill the throttle response and murder the top end

what fuel and what clutch and what gearing are you running ?

as when tuned correctly that P5 will much stronger then a stock Werks engine.......

2041 is the really beastly pipe.....but is hard to find...

also what color carb insert are you running in it ?

A Clocked P5 pushes a trugy with authority......this video is a 2058 the 2041 is even nastier..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha! ^^^ And here is the MAN! ;-) Okay, to answer your questions:
1. VP Pro 30%...C6
2. Stock (three shoe alum/1.0mm spring). (I know, I know...4-shoe will clamp truggy)
3. Spur 50T/Bell 13T (too lazy to do math on ratio)
4. 6.5 (blue)

I agree about the pipe...it is killing the top-end. As noted am going to try out the ones I listed above.

Ha ha! ^^^ And here is the MAN! ;-) Okay, to answer your questions:
1. VP Pro 30%...C6
2. Stock (three shoe alum/1.0mm spring). (I know, I know...4-shoe will clamp truggy)
3. Spur 50T/Bell 13T (too lazy to do math on ratio)
4. 6.5 (blue)

I agree about the pipe...it is killing the top-end. As noted am going to try out the ones I listed above.

that 6.5 insert is way too small for that engine, your choking it down and making it harder to tune... ....put the biggest one you can in...8.0 mm will be ideal.......

How do the clutch shoes look ?

As i say..when in doubt give Neal a shout LOL ! :D

and I will say this now..be careful with VP fuel....

Last edited:
Okay---will try the 8mm. Yeah, not overly impressed with the VP Pro. What do you recommend (I'm going to end up having to order it anyway). ;-(

Hey, I told you in another post...I've got that OS 25 murdering it now. I'll send you a video of it.

20140228_203738_zpsc9h5sr4o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:38 PM ----------

20140228_214022_zps1nclw5qf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:38 PM ----------

Theres the front end coming together
20140228_224320_zpserkjg5tn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:39 PM ----------

20140301_003416_zpsstgxz51r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:40 PM ----------

I chose 7k for the front. Seems to work for me

---------- Post added at 1:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:41 PM ----------

20140301_003430_zps2xor6xyi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:41 PM ----------

Heres the nova p5xlt

---------- Post added at 1:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 PM ----------

20140301_111142_zpsbbuh2m4x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 PM ----------

The shocks!
20140301_112524_zpscb6ndcd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:43 PM ----------

One thing I have noticed is that the shocks are not as heavy
20140301_130603_zpsagb2dnf9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:44 PM ----------

Another sexy shot
20140301_162947_zpsiujsk1pk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:46 PM ----------

The rear is done. I did 3k.
FB_IMG_13937271007275909_zpsl5t6l4zt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:47 PM ----------

And walla! Roller is complete
20140301_224652_zpsfjd7fgll.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

---------- Post added at 1:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:48 PM ----------

I dont like how it sits so ill be adjusting that soon.

---------- Post added at 1:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:49 PM ----------

20140301_224732_zpsihqofzor.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn you are a fast builder. ;-) I'm going to try out some of those pipes "NitroJedi" recommended on my P5 in the truggy. If anyone finds one of those 2041's let me know as I'd love to try that out as well. I have an 086 on my OS 25 and REALLY like it. Wasn't impressed with it in the B5 (which now booms it with a 2013).

What fuel are you going to use with it?

Well I need recommendations on pipe header and fuel to use with this buggy amd engine. What do you think? I've been using byrons or byrans wherever its called lol. I like to run 20% with a high level of oil. 10-12%

---------- Post added at 3:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:09 PM ----------

Unless you guys recommend something different. I will try it

Id say it took me 5hrs to get it done. Very easy to build off the book that came with it.

I run Byron's 20% in a few engines and haven't had any problems. The fuel I've really wanted to try for some time is Werks. Also, since the summer I've seen a lot of people switching from their 'swear by' fuel to that Bones Brew mentioned above. Now that it looks like I have to start ordering fuel am going to give both a try.

It never hurts to try something new. I used to think fuel was fuel, but over this past year I've found that to be anything but true.

BTW, 5 hours is insane. My hands hurt just thinking about that. ;-)

Man I thought the same fuel was fuel. But thats basically for bashers. I've tryed this fuel call pro-fuel from our lhs and it was a lower oil %. It was easier to tune with and much more power but I blew a new engine using it.
Looking at it closer though I think it was my fault and even though I broke it in and had maybe 10 tanks through it I wasn't easy on it after wards (bashing days lol)

so I was looking at pipes and what is recommended for a non clocked p5xlt?

so I was looking at pipes and what is recommended for a non clocked p5xlt?

2096/41001 runs well on it

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

053 works pretty good on the stock P5..so will a 086 or 9886......the engine is fairly forgiving on pipe set........

Ok. I have the 053 on its way! Thank you nitrojedi and please keep following this :)

Back