Team associated mgt 8.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I might do ,If I suspect that the engine is over flooded ,I would disconnect the fuel line from carb ,
an just keep trying to crank the engine to see if it will fire!

You might need to keep tabs on the igniter battery ,an recharge it in intervals!

I charged it overnight. Lol

I'm getting ready to upload a video to show yall

MUHAHAHAHAAH IT LIVES!!

????

Thank you so much guys!

LSN was wayyyy too rich and so was my HSN

I am beyond stoked right now

IT EVEN IDLES!

???

https://streamable.com/am9xyp

Ill fine tune when it's not rainy outside. I'm done for today before I jinx myself

???

Ok ,I seen the vid!

It maybe the glow plug ,not sure ,what % of nitro is that?

I am currently using 20 % ,an it seems that mine run a little sluggish from the 30% that I use to run!

At this point ,I am at a lost ,your engine should run at those settings unless there is an air leak some
where else ,but it could be the plug!

Read my previous post lol

I greatly appreciate you man. Hands down.

You saved me a 3 hour trip to a hobby shop to have someone do this for me.

And now, I know how to do it!

Thank YOU EVERYONE

This makes me even more excited about getting 2 new ones day after tomorrow??????

MUHAHAHAHAAH IT LIVES!!

????

Thank you so much guys!

LSN was wayyyy too rich and so was my HSN

I am beyond stoked right now

IT EVEN IDLES!

???

https://streamable.com/am9xyp

Ill fine tune when it's not rainy outside. I'm done for today before I jinx myself

???

o_O.....Wow ,what a complete turn around!.....I guess that I withdrawl my last quote!....:thumbs-up:

really glad you got it runnin!!!! definitely post some running videos!

I definitely will! It's raining here right now so I haven't had her outside much. I wanna drive it so bad but water around all that just doesn't sound like a good idea, I don't have any sealed servos.

I'm excited to get my TA 8.0 and my Tmaxx 3.3 this weekend!

I was gonna get an onroad car but after getting my savage, I'm hooked to the off road ?

I think I locked up my motor. I have it socking right now to un lock it I hope.

Can disassemble then and clean with either old fuel, denatured alcohol, or non chlorinated brake cleaner.
Engine is most likely just gummed up.
Check o-rings though
Soaking in fuel overnight just went out to check it I can turn the crank I can grab a hold of it and can turn everything now. But now I need a new piston and I was looking at it and are some pieces broke off and I think it is Warped and cracked on top to. If anyone has a spare one or know where to find one let me know, I’m in need of one it looks like and maybe a new cylinder Sleeve as well if anyone has one thanks guys.

Soaking in fuel overnight just went out to check it I can turn the crank I can grab a hold of it and have to turn everything now. But now I need a new piston and I was looking at it and are some pieces broke off and I think it is worth and cracked on top so if anyone has a spare one or know where to find one let me know I’m in need of one it looks like and maybe a new cylinder sleep as well if anyone has one thanks guys.
Sleeves and pistons are sold as a matching set, do not mix and match. It will wear faster.
As far as 8.0 replacement parts, I really wish you luck in finding one.
I would reccomend converting for use of a more standard big block if you can't find one.

Sleeves and pistons are sold as a matching set, do not mix and match. It will wear faster.
As far as 8.0 replacement parts, I really wish you luck in finding one.
I would reccomend converting for use of a more standard big block if you can't find one.
What would you recommened?

i would say Dynamite Big red .28, you will need:
Flywheel- 3 shoe 1/8 scale (you will need to downsize your CB just a little, iirc, can't fit a regular CB on the MGT8.0 4-shoe.) Savage flywheel does work.
Clutch shoes 3 (if not purchased with the flywheel, recommend 2 aluminum, one composite if you can)
15-17T clutchbell. (21T stock CB size is way to big)
Exhaust header, and pipe. (MGT 4.6, MGT 4.6 Side header, or Losi LST/aftershock/LST2/XXL exhaust systems all work)
Edit: MGT 4.6 engine mount also (thanks Cbaker lol)

you would need all that stuff for any other big block engine besides the 8.0 engine.

Last edited:
i would say Dynamite Big red .28, you will need:
Flywheel- 3 shoe 1/8 scale (you will need to downsize your CB just a little, iirc, can't fit a regular CB on the MGT8.0 4-shoe.) Savage flywheel does work.
Clutch shoes 3 (if not purchased with the flywheel, recommend 2 aluminum, one composite if you can)
15-17T clutchbell. (21T stock CB size is way to big)
Exhaust header, and pipe. (MGT 4.6, MGT 4.6 Side header, or Losi LST/aftershock/LST2/XXL exhaust systems all work)

you would need all that stuff for any other big block engine besides the 8.0 engine.

You forgot the engine mount!....:p

Back