Team associated mgt 8.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get the HSN out of the plastic sleeve so I can't get to the oring up there. Ugh. I need to get to a hobby shop sooo bad

LOL....I can't get my carb off mine to seal it ,it is still factory frozen to the engine!...:hehe:

I just smear silicone over the Mix meter screw ,an I use siliglide on the o-rings on the Hsn from Naps auto parts store!..:cool:

That is the easiest way to make the engine run with out a Hobby shop!

If I could get to the o rings I would lol

Eventually I'll just tear into it and pray I get it back together I guess lol

I can get the needle out but this is as far as I can get it apart

I put silicone here on the mix meter set screw ,sense it is set to flush an isnt suppose to be touched!

An on the Hsn needle ,just smear the siliglide or a little grease on the o-ring ,that will help seal an allow
you to isolate the problem an allow you to temporarely run the engine!

An the siliglide that I use ,I use for needles & diffs!

.... I can't get it apart to get to the o ring lol what you see is how far I got

Debating on just covering everything in silicone and seeing what happens lol

.... I can't get it apart to get to the o ring lol what you see is how far I got

Debating on just covering everything in silicone and seeing what happens lol

Don't take it apart ,just put a little grease on the needle up under the finger screw!
An make sure that your mix meter screw is set to flush an smear silicone on it!

Bet! I'll do that when I get off work today! I'mma get new fuel lines too. I put different ones on there but they were used already as well. I wanna eliminate everything lol

Bet! I'll do that when I get off work today! I'mma get new fuel lines too. I put different ones on there but they were used already as well. I wanna eliminate everything lol

LOL...That mix meter screw on mine ,literely vibrated in an leaned the engine out on its own while running!

Heres the vid of it happening when I fired the engine up ,the vid will help you listen to how it sounds when
an engine leans out & dies!
The engine rev out on its own ,started to take off ,caused the engine to run irratic & die

Last edited:
Yeah mine does the exact opposite of that. If I had a YouTube I'd send you a video. It starts but won't stay running. And when you touch the throttle it dies immediately. I finally got it where I had fuel spitting out of the pipe and low and behold, the damn thing dies when I take out the ignitor, which means dead plug from everything I've read.

I don't know man, it's really tested my patience. I really wish I would have left it alone when I got it and just drove the damn thing ??‍♂️??‍♂️

If its rich enough the engine will due as soon as throttle is applied because its loading up the crankcase and flooding it out, if you are getting oil and fuel spitting out at idle that tells me the engine is very rich. There will be some under a good tune, but not typically noticeable dripping as running.
A too rich of a mixture also will cause the engine to die when the glow igniter is removed as well. There is too much fuel and the plug chemical reaction can't keep up with the amount of fuel being introduced.
It is not a bad idea and I recommend getting a few plugs anyways though can swap out to see if the other plug acts that way or if the plug is the problem.

I'm sealing everything up when I get off here in about 30 minutes. I'm pulling my plug, gonna check it out and imma try getting her to atleast start. Do you have Facebook or any other way we could communicate where I could show you video?

Hopefully I didn't violate any rules here by asking that ??‍♂️

i found the best way for sharing videos is to go to "streamable.com" then drag and drop the file into the browser where it says and then it will upload then give a link. copy and paste the link into a post.
i do have a FB, but imo would be best bet to have more than one opinion on it. I've definitely missed some obvious things initially so a little extra guidance and another set of eyes can only help.

Gotcha. I'll check that out

Did you put silicone under the brass fittings that are also with the HSN? Where your fuel line connects? It's blurry but I swore I seen silicone under there too.

Did you put silicone under the brass fittings that are also with the HSN? Where your fuel line connects? It's blurry but I swore I seen silicone under there too.

No ,I have none there ,it just looks like that!

My Hsn is set at 2 1/2 turns out from closed ,not at the groove!

An my Lsn is about an 1/8 in from being flush ,that is inside the throttle lever pull!

If those settings help ,but yea ,Demon is right ,if it is way rich ,the engine will die as soon as you throttle ,
an also when you pull the igniter!

Once you seal ,set your settings close to mine ,start it an throttle the heck out of it to clear the ecess fuel out
of the engine!
When nitro engines are running ,you shouldnt let them sit too long idling either ,the engine will load up
with fuel ,thats why when you see some vids ,you will notice that people will tend to give the engine quick
revs to clear them out!...:cool:

Last edited:
Well glow plug gets hot I don't think that's the issue..

Grease has been applied and needles have been adjusted similar to what I seen above.

Here we goooo

??

Well after adjusting the needles it won't start.

At all

Fml

??‍♂️

Well after adjusting the needles it won't start.

At all

Fml

??‍♂️

That is weird ,it seems like it should at least fire from the fuel that was in it!

Just keep trying ,it also could be too much fuel in the engine ,tilt the truck to see if fuel pour out
of the pipe , if so ,then the engine is too full of fuel!

Got it!

Pouring fuel. Won't stay runnin

Do I mess with the HSN or lsn first? It won't even idle. I've messed with so many needles so many times. I set it to about 2mm

Back