TAMIYA TEU-10BK ESC BEC Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-344

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello,
If I am using a TEU-10BK ESC it says that "The TEU-104BK features a receiver battery connector that must be plugged into the receivers battery port. However, the receiver that is used MUST have BEC (battery eliminator circuitry)." I am confused as to what this means so that leaves me with two questions, what dose this mean and how will I wire this if I am using a Traxxas receiver (part:6519)? I know that the simple answer is to use a different ESC, but sadly that is not an option at this time. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks for everyone's time!

I should also add that I can use a different receiver as long as its under 30$ and it works with a Traxxas TQ 2.4 GHz transmitter if that is a way to fix my issue. Again, thank you everyone for your time!

Last edited:
You'll need an external BEC. If the receiver can handle full 2s or 3s voltage, it can be connected directly. But I'm guessing TQ can't handle that, so back to needing an external BEC. It will take your battery's voltage and step it down to 6V that your receiver uses.

OR

Get a Hobbywing 1060 ESC, it's cheap and will work great (brushed motors only).

You'll need an external BEC. If the receiver can handle full 2s or 3s voltage, it can be connected directly. But I'm guessing TQ can't handle that, so back to needing an external BEC. It will take your battery's voltage and step it down to 6V that your receiver uses.

OR

Get a Hobbywing 1060 ESC, it's cheap and will work great (brushed motors only).
Thanks for the explanation! I see that the Hobbywing 1060 ESC is a great price so I might go for that. The motor I will be using is a brushed 27t type 380 motor and do you think it will work with the Hobbywing 1060? I think it should work but I just want to check and make sure. Thanks for your time!

Yes, it will work. You'd be OK even with a 1625 ESC for such a small motor I think.

Yes, it will work. You'd be OK even with a 1625 ESC for such a small motor I think.
Thanks for the information and I really appreciate all your help!