Tamiya Paint - PS and TS matches

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WF... Krylon ?...that's a blast from the past, I haven't heard that name in prob 20 years, or more...I didn't know they were still around, lol...I guess down here where I live since everything's destroyed by rust & oxidation, Rust-Oleum is king in all the stores...I'm not sure if that's a marketing pun, lol...

I realized yesterday that Faskolor's for airbrushing, not cans...
I'm not sure if I wanna get an airbrush kit, cuz after I paint the bodies I have, I'm afraid it'll become one of those things I'll never use again...:rolleyes:

Has anybody tried the Duratrax spray cans & are they any good ?
What about Spaz Stix, I've read & heard good things & not so good things ?

So is it safe to say that an acrylic used to paint a Lexan/Polycarb body, can also be used on plastic also & look just as good, with a clear coat (gloss or semi-gloss) on top of the color on the plastic gives it a bit of protection but doesn't detract from the visual uniformity of the different surfaces ?
I actually just painted a body with duratrax cans last week. I was equally as happy with them as I am with Tamiya paint. I actually like the shape of the can better. More comfortable in the hand.

Tamiya, Pactra, Spaz Stix, Duratrax and Traxxas. Used all them and probably a few more. The only problem I had was paint bleed from tape or me, and on a few proline bodies had the paint chip right off. That seemed to be Proline's doing.

Wear protective breathing gear. Those are all nasty fumes. I wonder what my lungs look like on the inside. 🤔🫠

As for the same color..... I use lexan paint on hard plastic. As WF stated for the most part, the same paint will vary on different materials.

Great input & opinions...thank you all very much I appreciate it.

How about the Duratrax Candy colors, has anybody tried those ?

Great input & opinions...thank you all very much I appreciate it.

How about the Duratrax Candy colors, has anybody tried those ?
I came close to buying a Duratrax Candy Apple Red. I had a partial Spaz Stix can so I bought another.

The candy's are different. Practice on a piece of plastic and try silver, white, and a colored backing. They pop more than normal colors.

Back