Tamiya Basket Case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is the last of the son's old collection that he told me "old stuff, toss it all" and I decided to try to breath life back into them. Well, this one may prove challenging, but I am going to see if I can put the puzzle together. No clue how this will turn out and no clue why he had it tore down as such. Also, if you can see it, all that goop in the body is camo duct tape - :D Here I go, any hints accepted....

Attachments

• Tamiya-1.jpg
    Tamiya-1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Tamiya-2.jpg
    Tamiya-2.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 40
I think this is the last of the son's old collection that he told me "old stuff, toss it all" and I decided to try to breath life back into them. Well, this one may prove challenging, but I am going to see if I can put the puzzle together. No clue how this will turn out and no clue why he had it tore down as such. Also, if you can see it, all that goop in the body is camo duct tape - :D Here I go, any hints accepted....
Dude is that a old Tamiya Blackfoot??? Well the chassis kinda looks like it. No sorry it's not.. the camo tape is to help hide from other drivers..😉😉🤣🤣🤣
I love the older RCs

I have no clue what it is, I am going to give it a bath and see if there are any markings that may give me a hint

I have no clue what it is, I am going to give it a bath and see if there are any markings that may give me a hint
Hey do you have the Google lens app? That will help you out tremendously. WICKED posted about it a while ago. Let me tell ya it's wonderful. Really works well. Try and see if you can get that app. You just take pics of whatever you want form above. And it will show you options about what it could be. Its helped me a few times now I love it.. it will find anything...check it out bud..
GOGGLE LENS

Hey do you have the Google lens app? That will help you out tremendously. WICKED posted about it a while ago. Let me tell ya it's wonderful. Really works well. Try and see if you can get that app. You just take pics of whatever you want form above. And it will show you options about what it could be. Its helped me a few times now I love it.. it will find anything...check it out bud..
GOGGLE LENS
never heard of it - I will check it out

Think I am on a trail. Found a number on it 58121/0992070 and led me to this.

Attachments

• Tamiya TA02.jpg
    Tamiya TA02.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sweet - I may need him in my reassembly of this one.

I went ahead and totally stripped it down to give it a good scrubbing.
Awesome. Did you look for an assembly manual yet? It should be on that site or on the www somewhere. That would have been a kit.

Well I was able to work on it today - it was missing a few critical parts so I went up into the attic and started digging through the boys stuff. found all of my critical parts but missing some miscellaneous screws, nuts, and bolts. Not really much, just enough to shut me down. Will make an order with Tamiya

Attachments

• Tamiya TA02 03.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 03.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Tamiya TA02 02.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 02.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 29
I joined over at the Tamiya Club, to get some history on this Basket Case - I told them I used RC Marine grease on the gears and they advised I remove it and use some silicone grease. So I stripped the gears out of it and did that. Back together now. Still missing a few nuts and bolts and the inner rear hubs; but, I think I have most all of it coming in the mail out of Hong Kong - so it may be a few weeks.

Attachments

• Tamiya TA02 04.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 04.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Tamiya TA02 05.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 05.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 23
Back