T maxx 3.3 VS Losi 8ight Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animeweeb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
hey guys i am planning on getting my first nitro and since both of the ones i like is on back order rn i would like to know which is better T maxx 3.3 or the Losi 8ight T rtr they both around 500 bucks and idk which one would be better to get

hey guys i am planning on getting my first nitro and since both of the ones i like is on back order rn i would like to know which is better T maxx 3.3 or the Losi 8ight T rtr they both around 500 bucks and idk which one would be better to get

It depends on what you are planning to do with it an what terrain you will be running it on!
Tmaxx or MT style trucks are focused toward a more rougher terrain with ruts & jumps ,or
hill mounds that one might have around their area!
Losi eight T style truggy has a lower center gravity ,they are good in multiple use terrain but
they are more focused for a track or the race scene ,however ,they jump well an are better
balanced for racing!..
The Tmaxx will never be a race platform as they are more focused towards a back yard basher!... :thumbs-up:

It depends on what you are planning to do with it an what terrain you will be running it on!
Tmaxx or MT style trucks are focused toward a more rougher terrain with ruts & jumps ,or
hill mounds that one might have around their area!
Losi eight T style truggy has a lower center gravity ,they are good in multiple use terrain but
they are more focused for a track or the race scene ,however ,they jump well an are better
balanced for racing!..
The Tmaxx will never be a race platform as they are more focused towards a back yard basher!... :thumbs-up:
Ok i am gonna be running on some loose rocks and dust rocks + just dirt and sometimes asphalt but i can't run any of my cars or trucks at the Track they don't allow nitro and i am not really a racer i only race on roads as for jumps little to no jumps it is kinda rough terrain though kinda like this o yeah and sometimes tall grass grows from it also it has a part where it has gray sand
1626387311251.png
1626387234374.png

1626387041935.png

Ok i am gonna be running on some loose rocks and dust rocks + just dirt and sometimes asphalt but i can't run any of my cars or trucks at the Track they don't allow nitro and i am not really a racer i only race on roads as for jumps little to no jumps it is kinda rough terrain though kinda like this o yeah and sometimes tall grass grows from it also it has a part where it has gray sand View attachment 129617

View attachment 129616
Well that said with tall grass I would go Tmaxx

LOL....Stoner is correct!... :hehe:
Rocks will destroy a truggy style chassy like the Losi Eight!..
Would be like target partice with rocks to the truggy under carige/chassis

I think the T-Maxx would be better for your application, but you can't go wrong with an 8ight on larger tires either. It's really more down to personal preference at that point.
Agreed. Either truck will be a hoot :)

Looks like both trucks are a great choice and around the same price but i gotta know which one is more reileable fun and the better one overall

Last edited:
Looks like both trucks are a great choice and around the same price but i gotta know which one is more reileable fun and the better one overall
Like you said both good choices.
Ones a truggy
Ones a MT
It all comes down to what YOU want bud

Like you said both good choices.
Ones a truggy
Ones a MT
It all comes down to what YOU want bud
well i might have to go with the T maxx but are there any slipper lutch upgrades i heard they are really easy to wear out

well i might have to go with the T maxx but are there any slipper lutch upgrades i heard they are really easy to wear out
There's up grades for every part on that truck. Don't worry about WHAT can happen to it. The Slipper if set right it won't wear out that fast. Just get the truck and get used to it .The nitro motor and care the way it rides then you upgrade to how you would like it to ride 😉 then you can go with different Slipper motor gears. Air filter exhust shocks LOL. Stop worring about what other people say about the truck they might not have everything set probably and just fu**ING everything up. I never had a problem with any of my slippers it's all about Care and maintenance bud

Like Stoner said, I'm pretty sure you could literally build the entire kit out of after market parts on the particular truck. Its very popular and its been around forever.

Like Stoner said, I'm pretty sure you could literally build the entire kit out of after market parts on the particular truck. Its very popular and its been around forever.

LOL...you got that right ,Traxxas knew that one would be breaking all the time ,that is
why they still produce it an parts an that is why you see a whole wall of Traxxas parts
at ones local hobby shop an Losi parts wall is tiny!...🤔....😂🤣😂🤣

LOL...you got that right ,Traxxas knew that one would be breaking all the time ,that is
why they still produce it an parts an that is why you see a whole wall of Traxxas parts
I have 4 shops with in 45min of me and every one is wall to wall traxxas parts. And very little anything else.
100% correct sir

Good news well guys i finally found the nitro truck i want to get it's the Mini Mgt 3.0 from team assoicated

Bad news it's been discontinued and there are no parts for it

Good news well guys i finally found the nitro truck i want to get it's the Mini Mgt 3.0 from team assoicated

I am working on mine now ,awesome little trucks ,fast with 2spd gear!.. :thumbs-up:

There use to be a bunch of stock & hop up parts for these on E-bay!..:cool:

so true, for the most part can find spare parts, but spur gears... oh the horror.... ended up buying the last 2 sets i could find on ebay that came from either Austria or Germany i can't remember which.
such well built trucks, even its bigger brother the MGT, MGT 4.6, and the MGT 8.0

Well the 1/8 scale truck didn't have much of a life span. T-Maxx however though it's a small block engine. Carries a long-lasting 20 years of service I still going on.

I can't tell you what you should get. But if you like something really loud and kind of bring attention than 1/8 scale is your best bet.

If you just like Nitro in a way that you just like basic realism sound. He can get either the T-Max. Sometimes it's preference. I personally wanted a Savage. I like the shape of the chassis design. The sound is always brings attention to people.

And I'm just a showman kind of person and I like Showmanship. And a Savage my opinion deliver that.