T + E-Maxx / Gorillamaxx Brushless Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got all the parts in.

What's wrong with this picture?

pinion.jpg

Thats a hardened steel RRP Spur and Pinion.

Guess I better stock up on pinions.

Looks like your spur gear got a lil hungry.... lol
Thanks to this thread, I decided to blow the dust off my ole .21 Maxx, and rebuild her...

Ouch!.... That spur right out chewed up that pinion!

Tom

Some pics.

Front end installed on new chassis
front_end.jpg

Single speed tranny conversion
tranny.jpg

Tranny is silky smooth with all these left over parts removed.
tranny_parts.jpg

Nice:yes:

I'm doing a Tmaxx - Emaxx convertion my self but nothing that clean looking although the build is still young ;) I sat out to make a typical Emaxx for my son and trade him for his slightly modded Emaxx. Then I got to remembered why I modded his truck to begin with...to make it easier to work on. So now I got a huge parts list ordered for my truck. It didn't stop there though, I started ordering double the parts to continue beefing my son's truck as well :help:

Looking real good Rob! I really like the looks and layout of that chassis. It ought to rock! On that single speed tranny did you have any problems cutting the input shaft? Did you use a Dremel, or just a hack saw? Also you just cut the shaft right behind the gear, correct? Thanks man, and again nice build!

Tom

I used a dremel with a cut-off wheel. Held the shaft with a pair of vice grips and let the wheel ride against the gear as it cut through the shaft. Took less than 30 seconds.

Cool. I was wondering if you would be able to get an even clean cut with the dremel. I wasn't sure if you could get the cutoff wheel in there flush... if that makes any sense? Thanks for the info.

Tom

Looks really nice Rob. The Gmaxx chasiss is mighty sexy lookin'.

Couple shots of the tranny and rear install.

Got the motor and ESC mounted as well. With the motor mounted in reverse of a stock e-maxx, I had to shift the ESC off to the side. As a result, I could not use any of the mounting screws to hold it down. It is being held in place with FastEddy servo tape.

rear_1.jpg

rear_2.jpg

Project is on hold again waiting for some Lunsford Revo steering tie rods so I can attach the servo saver arm to the steering servo. I could use just a threaded rod, but I want to be able to make adjustments if I need to.

Last edited:
Sweet looking rig! Pardon me if I missed it but.. what are you planning on using to power that baby?

Hey Lessen,

It looks like a Novak HV Maxx system.

Hey Rob,

Nice looking build!! Is that wing mount only available with the GMaxx chassis, or is that a mod that will work on the stock chassis as well? Again,
looking really nice Rob.

Tom

That is a Mugen Wing mount attached to Dace Predator shock towers. What's nice about the Dace towers besides the multi shock position holes is the fact that is has pre-drilled holes specifically for the Mugen mount.

Tekno has a wing mount for stock towers. They will work with RPM towers, but you need to really tighten the screws to get the mount to clamp onto the shape of the tower.

If you are interested in the Tekno wing mount let me know. I will give you a good deal on one since I no longer need it.

That is a Mugen Wing mount attached to Dace Predator shock towers. What's nice about the Dace towers besides the multi shock position holes is the fact that is has pre-drilled holes specifically for the Mugen mount.

Tekno has a wing mount for stock towers. They will work with RPM towers, but you need to really tighten the screws to get the mount to clamp onto the shape of the tower.

If you are interested in the Tekno wing mount let me know. I will give you a good deal on one since I no longer need it.

Man those shock towers are nice! I can see why they are always sold out.

I might take you up on that offer. I have just spent a bunch of money this weekend already though. We shall see. If you could PM me with a price I would apreciate it. Thanks again my friend.

Tom