T + E-Maxx / Gorillamaxx Brushless Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not into the lipo's.

I am currently using (2) IB 3800 NiMh packs. Plenty of punch and speed. I can barely keep control of it.

Nearing completion.

I just need to re-build my batt packs to fit the new chassis and I will be off to races.

max1.jpg

max2.jpg

All I can say is WOW.

Soldered up my batt packs and took it out for a spin today.

I thought it was quick before, now it is just insane. The stability gained by going with the gmaxx chassis was well worth it. It handles almost as well as my STR in the turns. I have to keep a light trigger finger or I can easily spin out at any speed. It is challenging to drive to say the least.

One of my premount street tires has a bad wobble, but I am just going to go with it for now. It looks bad when rolling at low speeds, but at high speed you can't even see it since it's just a blur. It's maiden race will be this coming Saturday at HT in Petaluma. I can't wait.

It's great isn't it! That HV Maxx motor is insaine. The brakes are solid as well. I can flip my Emaxx on its lid in reverse! LOL

Glad to hear you are having a blast my friend. I can't wait to hear about how the race turns out. Good luck!

Tom