switching to 3PK???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitecat

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just pondering the switching over to a better radio set for my r/c's and would appreciate it if I can get some feedback regarding the switch... specifically to the futaba 3PK pcm radio system. First of all... some background info about myself:
- I have never owned a radio worth more than 50$
- All my high end servo's have the airtronics connector
for the record... rc-mushroom appears to have a killer deal on the 3pk radio system.. however.. I was wondering how much money will I have to spend by the time the switch is over (hidden costs, etc). does the 3PK include the receiver? will my Hitec servos function with the futaba radio? do I have to switch to digital servos? is it worth spending this kind of money?
thanks in advance for all your feedback... its totally appreciated

Bad move, RC-M's 3PK's are Megatech.

Futaba will NOT respect the warrenty if something goes wrong with the radio.

There are no hidden costs, it comes with a reciever, airtronics connectors work fine with futaba recievers for me, I also have Hitec.

3pk's are great. I love mine. Just make sure you get the magnum version not the megatech version. Your servo will work just fine. Your airtronics servos as long they have the z connector will work.

I forgot to add if you get one. Make sure you get the drop down steering wheel adaptor. It make the world of difference.

alright, thanks for the advice guys... its a good thing I havent jumped the gun on my purchase yet... or I would have been stuck with the megatech version

The Megatech version is made in China or Japan with their parts.

I believe the genuine 3PK is made in the USA, not sure though.