Supercharger VS Nitrious VS Engine Porting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootallpaul

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey all anyone tried a rb inovations supercharger? I have a Ofna .26 maxx on my tmaxx.. yea its fast.. could be faster :) What about Rc Nitrious there's a kit out for about $100 bucks. or there's the porting route. there's a guy in rochester NY that will "port tune" your engine for $100 and claims execlent results. I thought about going with a bigger motor but I can't fit one in my current setup nor do I want to go through the expense of going with an extended chasie..

Thanks Paul

Well, I'd highly suggest you ignore the supercharger and the nitrous route. Superchargers do nothing but cause the engine to lean out, which kills it. Nitrous does work, but the little tanks are just enough for a shot or two before it's out. Considering the setup and what it takes to install nitrous, maintenance and reliability will be your enemy.

Porting, polishing, balancing and a better pipe are about the only way to get solid consistent power and RPM increase out of an RC engine.

i would stay away from the superchargers and nitrous..they look kool but i've haerd nothing but bad things about it..

the nitrous is awesome but you need a lot of it on your rig if you want more than 1 burst of speed. look at this

Last edited by a moderator:
I would completely avoid both the supercharger and nitrous, thats all a bunch of hype, nothing more. A good tuned pipe can really increase performance, and porting, if done properly is a great way to get a bunch more power, but done wrong and you can throw the mill away, so go with someone reputable.

It's when someone who knows what they are doing takes a factory engine and tweaks the internals in such a way that it improves performance. They physically change the sleeve ports, crank case ports/journals, crank shaft timing window... they usually also polish everything inside the engine to a mirror finish to help with efficiency.

These are a couple companies/people I've heard about that do this:
AB Mods
TNT Mods

But, when it's someone who doesn't know, it's called "RUINING AN ENGINE WITH A DREMEL!".

I would fall into the second category. ;)

Nothing beats a well modded engine.There is nothing like an engine that can turn 40K in about 4 seconds and have a buggy running 45+mph. Except a high dollar brushless/lipo system....

Back