Suggestions on a descent priced,good working steering servo for revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys, looking for a little help on which servo would give the best bang for the buck. i am racing on a tight turned motocross style track. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Savox servo would do the trick. They run about the same as other quality servos.

If you want to spend $80, get the savox 1210sg. Been running one in my outcast for almost a year and it does fine on 6V in that.

If you want to spend less, go with one of the JX:
$40 .11 sec/343oz @6V: https://www.rcjuice.com/servos/serv...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html
Even more on 7V+.

I have the cheaper one as a tryout in my ERBEv1 just for bashing, the JX DC-5821LV, think I paid $15 for it on sale. It does ok for me, could be a bit faster/stronger, but for $15, damn good buy just the same. I bought a second one yesterday just to keep on hand.

I see a lot of guys putting a retarded amount of servo with dual servos in the revo, which is fine, but it's a waste as far as I'm concerned. Even with the HD servo saver spring, you can overpower it with 300oz or so, so all the extra torque is wasted on compressing the spring. But to each his own.

Thanks alot guys, if i were to go with the savox do you think the waterproof SW0231MG would be a descent upgrade from stock? id like to stay right around the 40$ range.if not i think i might go with the JX mentioned above. And also what is a coreless servo? Again thanks alot for your help!

Thanks alot guys, if i were to go with the savox do you think the waterproof SW0231MG would be a descent upgrade from stock? id like to stay right around the 40$ range.if not i think i might go with the JX mentioned above. And also what is a coreless servo? Again thanks alot for your help!
I have the 0231MG on one of my nitro revos and it's bit slow, but does do the job well enough that I haven't replaced it.

This was a video I posted for the $15 JX I listed above compared to a few others, the 0231MG was one of them. The JX was the second from the left. The 0231MG was the one on the right:

Those were all on 6V off a NiMH receiver pack.

Considering the cost... I'd get 2 of the JX DC5821LV to have one as a spare vs a single savox 0231.

very cool thanks, decision made!

Back