Strange questions fully floating wrist pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice Czar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This post has absolutely nothing to do with the true purpose of this forum.

But the engineering constants are likely identical

I’m building a suspension linkage for a Mountain E-bike. And it occurred to me that needle bearing & wrist pins would be both optimized for dynamic load and reciprocating mass.

I started with what I know (superbikes) and have worked my way down in size and mass.

As this is proof of concept stuff on a budget I have the following conditions / questions

1. Wrist pin size, needle bearing sizes and individual or combined weights (as it’s unsprung mass at least in part)

2. I’ve been told Nitro RC offers a fairly wide variety of engine/bore sizes, but from what I see “shopping” assumes I know size and weights

3 only interested in needle bearing/wrist pin combinations that are fairly common and somewhat affordable. As it seems that if too small, bushings are substituted for needle bearings.

Note: Dynamic load of the bearings is critical, but there are three parallel paths so a bearing with 425lb of dynamic load could deal with 1275lbs total load.

I’m hoping to find a common optimized part I can incorporate into my design without me fabricating it.

Thank you
Chuck

Back