Storage charging with a super basic charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMCK1500shoptruck

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
A little help please, I'd like to charge my 2s LiPo (technically LiIo) to storage voltage with the basic USB charger that came with my Associated CR12. (I do have a better charger coming but it's not here yet)

I assume I can charge for a while, unplug it, allow it to rest, check voltage, and resume charging until I hit 3.8v/cell (7.6v total).

The pack is at 6.96v total, resting. There's a good chance I will run the truck tomorrow, and the new charger is expected to arrive Monday.

Do I;
A) Leave it at 6.96v overnight, charge it and use it tomorrow
B) Bring it up to 7.6v using the charge a bit/check voltage/charge a bit method
C) Fully charge it now

Thanks!!

bring battery up to 7.6... it might take some time to do it with a usb,,,,it wont really hurt a lipo or lion to be at 8,2 or 8,4 for 24 hours,,,,,,

always had either a vom meter or a plug in # way of seeing...

that shouldn't be a problem; fully charge the bat and go run it then charge again then run again tomorrow and keep doing that till your charger gets in. as long as you run it down and recharge will give you another 24 hours. And you get to play every day

Thanks for the help! Ran the truck Sunday, charger showed up Monday. Put a storage charge on the battery when the charger showed up and all is well!

Back