Stock Slash Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonicFrank

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Nothing exciting, just building a Slash. Hopefully if I start a thread, I will actually build it. Here are some pics of parts.

Everything...I hope.
Spec Slash Build Lots of parts.JPEG

Transmission parts. Input shaft is a stock one, put the HD shaft in my brushless Slash.
Spec Slash Build Trans Parts.JPEG

Chassis I bought off Amazon. Rx was from my original Slash that got an upgrade. Shocks are from my original Slash as well.
Spec Slash Chassis.JPEG

Motor and ESC from original Slash. Servo was donated.
Spec Slash Electronics.JPEG

Hope to get it going soon. Much thanks to my brother for crashing his Rustler and donating a lot of parts to make this possible.

Nothing exciting, just building a Slash. Hopefully if I start a thread, I will actually build it. Here are some pics of parts.

Everything...I hope.
View attachment 145035

Transmission parts. Input shaft is a stock one, put the HD shaft in my brushless Slash.
View attachment 145036

Chassis I bought off Amazon. Rx was from my original Slash that got an upgrade. Shocks are from my original Slash as well.
View attachment 145037

Motor and ESC from original Slash. Servo was donated.View attachment 145042

Hope to get it going soon. Much thanks to my brother for crashing his Rustler and donating a lot of parts to make this possible.
Nice. The Slash is a pretty cool rig. We turned ours into a no-prep drag car.
20211227_142241.jpg

Ain't family great. Coming up with all those parts for a Slash build.

Good selection for a project. Exciting for me. Following along to learn all about building a Slash.

'AC'

if i was op id pickup a few extra parts so 1st run will be fun.. front C hubs along with rear . i went with the trx aluminum for front and rpm for rear.. also look into a aluminum steering rack.. those are major weak spots .just some fyi from me. a fresh build is always nice

I like FRESH stuff

Thanks Everyone

Nice. The Slash is a pretty cool rig. We turned ours into a no-prep drag car.
I was looking at no prep, seems really cool. Might have to build a drag car one of these days.

Ain't family great. Coming up with all those parts for a Slash build.

Good selection for a project. Exciting for me. Following along to learn all about building a Slash.

'AC'
Yeah, my brother got me back into RC after a long time away. Will try to take pics as I build.

if i was op id pickup a few extra parts so 1st run will be fun.. front C hubs along with rear . i went with the trx aluminum for front and rpm for rear.. also look into a aluminum steering rack.. those are major weak spots .just some fyi from me. a fresh build is always nice
Thanks for the suggestions, this is going to be a "spec" stock brushed slash. I already have another Slash that has been upgraded to brushless, has the R trans internals and a few other bits. I was looking into RPM parts, but so far have not managed to break a single Traxxas part in the 4 models I have had of theirs. Do really like the RPM mud flaps, might have to put them on one of em.

I like FRESH stuff
Me too!

Here's a bunch of pics of the differential build. Let me know if this helps anyone. Tried to do step by step with instructions.

Attachments

• SpecSlashDiff 6.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 6.JPEG
    498.1 KB · Views: 29
  • SpecSlashDiff 5.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 5.JPEG
    230.8 KB · Views: 32
  • SpecSlashDiff 4.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 4.JPEG
    325.1 KB · Views: 30
  • SpecSlashDiff 3.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 3.JPEG
    309.5 KB · Views: 30
  • SpecSlashDiff 2.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 2.JPEG
    307 KB · Views: 26
  • SpecSlashDiff 1.JPEG
    SpecSlashDiff 1.JPEG
    253.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Spec Slash Diff Parts.JPEG
    Spec Slash Diff Parts.JPEG
    422.7 KB · Views: 25
Here are the rest of pics I took of build.

Attachments

• SpecSlashTrans 11.JPEG
    SpecSlashTrans 11.JPEG
    369.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SpecSlashTrans 9.JPEG
    SpecSlashTrans 9.JPEG
    338.2 KB · Views: 26
  • SpecSlashTrans 8.JPEG
    SpecSlashTrans 8.JPEG
    252.8 KB · Views: 27
  • SpecSlashTrans 4.JPEG
    SpecSlashTrans 4.JPEG