Stick-on window tint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudordewolf

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I saw some techniques discussed about tinting RC car windows with markers. I'd like to share an effective solution I found: stick-on tinted film advertised for headlight/taillight wrapping. It's got an adhesive under a removable backing and remains removable itself. Keeping the sheet that the painting masks come on makes it easy to cut out the exact shapes you need for the shell. The final effect is subtle but present:

20230913_040123.jpg

Less than $10 for several feet of it here. One tiny detail, it's got disposable liners on both sides. I fooled myself into thinking it wasn't self-adhesive at first after removing a liner and not finding the adhesive, then later realized it had another liner on the other side.

I just use regular window tint myself. I just cut to size on the outside and slap it on the inside. Can't notice it's not an exact cut.

That's what I was going to suggest too. Isn't all window tint just "stick on"? :D
I am waiting for the right body to try the Chamillion oil slick over the headlights.

That's what I was going to suggest too. Isn't all window tint just "stick on"? :D

I thought most tints were the kind you apply with soapy water and a squeegee, this applies like a decal with its own adhesive. The water/film type won't adhere well to lexan afaik, only glass.

Back